The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Five dead - Canada's day of shame...

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2016, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Keeper"
What don't you understand about hunting???

I will try explain this again.  If you do not hunt (and I'm talking in Canada ) the "game" animals OVER POPULATE,  food becomes scarce and they die or the herd becomes deseased. Man has fucjed this up from the start and now it's to late to just say -YOU CAN'T HUNT!!!!!get rid of your high powered rifles.

I have 2 degrees in wild life foresty conservation,  I know what I'm talking about.

Are you seriously telling me that the motive of hunters is to PROTECT the species?

Seriously?

Is that why Hitler gassed the Jews?

You're living in their yard. They seemed to do pretty well until man came along. This "kill them to preserve them" bs has been floated for years by gun freaks who get boners from slaughtering animals, and by their logic, animals that aren't hunted should be darn near extinct by now.

Its not too late to stop hunting, and implement better conservation programs that are not reliant on humans grabbing high powered rifles and heading into the wilderness to shoot the place up.

The overarching issue is that HUMAN BEINGS do not co-exist well with GUNS, not that animals need culling.

Would you send a three year old out with a weed whacker, arguing that if we don't trim the grass, the yard will be overrun? Its a barbaric practice using weapons we aren't very good at managing.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

I will try explain this again.  If you do not hunt (and I'm talking in Canada ) the "game" animals OVER POPULATE,  food becomes scarce and they die or the herd becomes deseased. Man has fucjed this up from the start and now it's to late to just say -YOU CAN'T HUNT!!!!!get rid of your high powered rifles.

I have 2 degrees in wild life foresty conservation,  I know what I'm talking about.

Are you seriously telling me that the motive of hunters is to PROTECT the species?

Seriously?

Godwin's Law????? ac_umm

I think we need a quick ruling on this.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

I know, I know...I applied logic to an argument, and as an American, you're confused.

Anonymous

Message to Ralph Goodale and the Liberals: this shooting is not an aboriginal problem. It's more likely to happen in urban areas and sometimes by affluent kids. You can't fix it by buying off the AFN and Indian chiefs.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

Seriously?

Godwin's Law????? ac_umm

Godwin all the way.

Forum foul.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

Seriously?

Godwin's Law????? ac_umm

Godwin all the way.

Forum foul.

Thread is toast. Our resident firearms hater just shot himself in the dick.

How ironic but infinity fitting.  ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

J0E

La Loche, a tiny town of just over 2,000 residents, made the national news a number of years ago:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/gangs-fear-stalk-saskatchewan-village-1.940654">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... e-1.940654">http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/gangs-fear-stalk-saskatchewan-village-1.940654

It seemed to foretell of the ominous events which were to come 6 years later. I wonder why more people couldn't see it comin':

QuoteJun 22, 2010 9:11 PM CT

A shooting death across the street from the RCMP detachment in La Loche, Sask., has thrown a harsh light on gang violence in the northern village.

Matthew St. Pierre, 29, died June 6 after being shot in broad daylight, a crime police say may have been gang-related. Shortly after the shooting, Curtis Ecklund, 26, and Richie Herman, 18, were charged with second-degree murder and weapons offences.

In interviews with CBC News last year, the RCMP said there could be 100 gang members around the village, which according to the 2006 census, had a population of 2,348.

One of the most influential of them is said to be a Dene gang known as the Scorpion Brothers, a Dene group that formed several years ago in the jails and prisons of Prince Albert.

St. Pierre himself had gang ties and had spent time behind bars for various offences.

His mother Annette Montgrand admits her son was no saint, but says he didn't deserve to be shot twice in the face with a sawed-off shotgun.

He had been out of jail for only four months, but was turning his life around and was training for a career, she said.

Montgrand said she rushed to the scene when she heard her son had been shot.

"My whole body went cold. I knew right away something was wrong," she said. "They said, 'Your son has been shot twice on Main Street.'"

She said she spoke to the police and others about what happened and learned the gun had been hidden in a baby's stroller.

"That baby was used to conceal the weapon that was intended for my son," she said.

In light of those circumstances, Montgrand said, she's disappointed police have not charged anyone with first-degree murder.

"They try to tell us there's no proof it was planned. So they been charged with second-degree murder. We fully do not agree. My children and I ... are not happy with that."

It's not the family's first brush with gun violence.

Last summer, a 13-year-old niece of St. Pierre was hit in a drive-by shooting.

She survived, but according to the girl's father, Robert St. Pierre, a culture of fear makes it difficult to bring the culprits to justice.  

"It was very, very busy. A lot of witnesses. No one came forward," Robert St. Pierre said.

No one came forward, he said, because people in La Loche are afraid of gang retaliation. That's something that has to change, he said.

Meanwhile, the two men charged in the death of Matthew St. Pierre are scheduled to be back in court on Thursday.

Bricktop

Seriously?

Godwin's Law????? ac_umm

Godwin all the way.

Forum foul.

"Although falling afoul of Godwin's law tends to cause the individual making the comparison to lose his argument or credibility, Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.[9] Similar criticisms of the "law" (or "at least the distorted version which purports to prohibit all comparisons to German crimes") have been made by Glenn Greenwald.[10]"

My dick is just fine, blimp. And no, you're STILL not getting a pic.

Renee

Seriously?

Godwin's Law????? ac_umm

Godwin all the way.

Forum foul.

"Although falling afoul of Godwin's law tends to cause the individual making the comparison to lose his argument or credibility, Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.[9] Similar criticisms of the "law" (or "at least the distorted version which purports to prohibit all comparisons to German crimes") have been made by Glenn Greenwald.[10]"

My dick is just fine, blimp. And no, you're STILL not getting a pic.

Hey shithead, do you know how to cite your posts properly or are YOU going to take credit for what you are trying to use as an argument? If so, you need to remove the citation references. :laugh3:  

Without proper citation the veracity of your post holds very little credibility. You are one lame mother fucker, do you know that?

In any event there was no abuse of Godwin's Law here. Your penchant for hysterics and reaching over the top during debates is well known and you did not disappoint in this case.

BTW, in order for your dick to be "fine", you first need to have one.