The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Alberta teen injured after he says e-cigarette exploded

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2016, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

Could the batteries in it been defective? Also another thing could be those smart meters. We have one on the side of the house, things turn off and on by themselves. With all the radio waves, cell phones, etc, who knows what sets what off.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Could the batteries in it been defective? Also another thing could be those smart meters. We have one on the side of the house, things turn off and on by themselves. With all the radio waves, cell phones, etc, who knows what sets what off.

Batteries are a possibility, but the smart meters no.

Annie

You'd be surprised what those smart meters are capable of. As soon as we had one installed on our house electronic stuff goes hay wire every once in awhile. Cell phones, tv, internet, even clock radios and lamps.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"You'd be surprised what those smart meters are capable of. As soon as we had one installed on our house electronic stuff goes hay wire every once in awhile. Cell phones, tv, internet, even clock radios and lamps.

Vapes are not smart technology.

Annie

Inhaling anything is not good, at the least the lungs. Anything other than oxygen wasn't meant to be inhaled. (I only smoke weed once in awhile now lol)

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Inhaling anything is not good, at the least the lungs. Anything other than oxygen wasn't meant to be inhaled. (I only smoke weed once in awhile now lol)

But it's only vapor.

Annie

But vapor has to come from something, made from something, and who knows what that could be right?

Renee

Most of the vapor is water. Water doesn't explode.

The only thing that could explode is the battery and there is a slim chance of that.

This story doesn't pass the smell test.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Seems the chemicals used in the e-cigs are not so healthy. "Popcorn Lung".....
QuoteDo e-cigarettes cause popcorn lung?

It is not only microwave popcorn that contains dangerous chemical flavorings such as diacetyl. A study published in 2015 in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives showed that harmful chemicals associated with "popcorn lung" are present in many types of flavored e-cigarettes, particularly those with flavors like fruit and candy that may appeal to young smokers. Of the 51 flavored e-cigarettes tested, flavoring chemicals were found in 47 and diacetyl specifically in 39 samples. This suggests a potentially dangerous level of exposure via e-cigarettes to chemicals that can cause severe lung damage.

http://www.medicinenet.com/popcorn_lung_symptoms_and_causes/views.htm">http://www.medicinenet.com/popcorn_lung ... /views.htm">http://www.medicinenet.com/popcorn_lung_symptoms_and_causes/views.htm
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Annie

Renee

Yeah, but if you read the possible side effects of "diacetyl", nowhere does it list an explosion hazard. :laugh3:

So the question remains,... what cause the e-cig to explode?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Most of the vapor is water. Water doesn't explode.

The only thing that could explode is the battery and there is a slim chance of that.

Maybe it has a battery like a hover board.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I find it difficult to believe that the small lithium batteries found in E-cigs would explode with that much force and magnitude for no reason.

I did a little digging on the subject and I found that e-cigs can explode and have exploded. But it is rare and in most of the cases it was found that the e-cig was either charged improperly or it had been tampered with and modified by the user. All of the reputable e-cig companies build in safety features that prevent over heating which limits the chance of a mishap. But that doesn't mean the safety feature can't fail.

Given the rarity and extremely low probability of an e-cig explosion, I'd say these kids fucked around with it in order to get a bigger vapor cloud or the victim is just an extremely unlucky individual. In fact so unlucky that I would not stand next to him during a lightening storm. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I find it difficult to believe that the small lithium batteries found in E-cigs would explode with that much force and magnitude for no reason.

I did a little digging on the subject and I found that e-cigs can explode and have exploded. But it is rare and in most of the cases it was found that the e-cig was either charged improperly or it had been tampered with and modified by the user. All of the reputable e-cig companies build in safety features that prevent over heating which limits the chance of a mishap. But that doesn't mean the safety feature can't fail.

Given the rarity and extremely low probability of an e-cig explosion, I'd say these kids fucked around with it in order to get a bigger vapor cloud or the victim is just an extremely unlucky individual. In fact so unlucky that I would not stand next to him during a lightening storm. :laugh3:

Thank you for explaining that Renee.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

And the kid might have done that Renee.