The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Since Canada Won't Work With Alberta, Alberta Needs To Start Looking At Different Options Including Becoming A US State

Started by Anonymous, January 29, 2016, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"And you see Taiwan was a comparable to a province in the middle of Canada?

If Albertans don't like the ways things are going, there is a lot they can from lobbying to protesting to pressuring government to moving the fuck out of Alberta/Canada if they don't like how things are run here.

That's what Peking says.

Bricktop

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"And you see Taiwan was a comparable to a province in the middle of Canada?

If Albertans don't like the ways things are going, there is a lot they can from lobbying to protesting to pressuring government to moving the fuck out of Alberta/Canada if they don't like how things are run here.

That's what Peking says.

And is Peking part of a democracy?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Does anyone else see the irony of Mao's Minion starting a thread about splitting???

Yes, it hasn't gone unnoticed.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Does anyone else see the irony of Mao's Minion starting a thread about splitting???

Does anyone see the irony that the same people who support Chinese provinces splitting do not support Canadian provinces doing the same?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

That's what Peking says.

And is Peking part of a democracy?

The things you are saying are the same things Peking says to Taiwan, Xinjiang, Tibet and Inner Mongolia?

If you don't like how we do things, leave, but we keep the land..

I expect this from China, but not from Canada.

RW

Why don't you expect it from Canada?  As a Canadian, I feel strongly enough about not fracturing my country in the middle making the land itself important.  We aren't talking about a little island off our coast like PEI.

Also I think anyone who wants to join up with another country should live there for a while and see how they like it before they run off with it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why don't you expect it from Canada?  As a Canadian, I feel strongly enough about not fracturing my country in the middle making the land itself important.  We aren't talking about a little island off our coast like PEI.

Also I think anyone who wants to join up with another country should live there for a while and see how they like it before they run off with it.

So you oppose the right to self determination? the United Nations as authoritative interpretation of the Charter's norms. It states that nations, based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference.

I am not saying I would approve of changing my province's sovereignty, but I support their right to do so.

Anonymous

Canada's borders might change? Big fucking deal. It would not be the first country to lose territory and it sure as fuck would not be the last.

Anonymous

If the prairie provinces left, it would force provinces like Ontario and Quebec to produce resources they currently do not. They would have no choice but to become more proactive. Hopefully it will never ever come to that. We have history of accommodation in this country. We can do it again.

RW

Quote from: "RW"Why don't you expect it from Canada?  As a Canadian, I feel strongly enough about not fracturing my country in the middle making the land itself important.  We aren't talking about a little island off our coast like PEI.

So you oppose the right to self determination? the United Nations as authoritative interpretation of the Charter's norms. It states that nations, based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no external compulsion or interference.

I am not saying I would approve of changing my province's sovereignty, but I support their right to do so.

NATIONS Fash.  Not provinces within nations.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Canada's borders might change? Big fucking deal. It would not be the first country to lose territory and it sure as fuck would not be the last.

I'm sorry but I don't think they will change.  There have been talk for ages and even votes yet Canada remains united.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Canada's borders might change? Big fucking deal. It would not be the first country to lose territory and it sure as fuck would not be the last.

If the case for an exit from confederation is only economic than give Canada a chance to make the system work better for the regions. I realize times change and our system may need change too. But for God sakes, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

If the case for an exit from confederation is only economic than give Canada a chance to make the system work better for the regions. I realize times change and our system may need change too. But for God sakes, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I do want Alberta to leave, but I respect the right of any province to secede.

RW

Provincial secession is NOT a right according to both Canadian or international law:

"Secession is recognized as a possibility, not a right. A provincial government has no right to appoint itself as the government of an independent State. It cannot, legally, secede unilaterally without first securing a negotiated agreement with the Canadian State. It doesn't have that right, either under international law or domestic law. The Supreme Court of Canada confirmed, in its 1998 opinion, that "the secession of a province from Canada must be considered, in legal terms, to require an amendment to the Constitution, which perforce requires negotiation"(para. 84) "within the existing constitutional framework" (para. 149)."
Beware of Gaslighters!