Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

"I thought I was going to die!"

Started by easter bunny, February 06, 2016, 09:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

On the rigs, we have a way of dealing with hands if we find out they like smacking around women or kids. They always quit.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"What he does in his bedroom is no business of the employer.

Ordinarily I'd agree but I wouldn't feel comfortable working with someone who beats up women. I think it should be a case of don't ask - don't tell, and he told.  ac_unsure

edit: Also, it assumes that everything that happens in the bedroom is sex, and I don't think sex and violence are the same thing.

Some people like pain with their pleasure.

I don't really get that. I find it weird tbh.  ac_unsure

easter bunny

Quote from: "Herman"On the rigs, we have a way of dealing with hands if we find out they like smacking around women or kids. They always quit.

ac_umm  

I can't imagine.. ac_biggrin

RW

Ordinarily I'd agree but I wouldn't feel comfortable working with someone who beats up women. I think it should be a case of don't ask - don't tell, and he told.  ac_unsure

edit: Also, it assumes that everything that happens in the bedroom is sex, and I don't think sex and violence are the same thing.

Different strokes for different folks.

Ted Bundy was into that kind of thing.

Just sayin'.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Different strokes for different folks.

Ted Bundy was into that kind of thing.

Just sayin'.

Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better. =P

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"On the rigs, we have a way of dealing with hands if we find out they like smacking around women or kids. They always quit.

Jian Ghomeshi is cowardly little shit. Could you imagine if that little fruit went to prison.

Anonymous

I read this about his prospects for suing CBC.

Employment and labour lawyer Howard Levitt says the lawsuit amounts to nothing more than a PR stunt, and called it a "joke" since Ghomeshi is a member of a union.

"Unionized employees...cannot sue for wrongful dismissal, they can't sue for constructive dismissal, they can't sue for anything arising over the employment relationship. All they can do is go to an arbitrator and hope to get their job back and some back-pay," said Levitt.

I have not paid attention to this until the trial, but I had thought there was at least one who accused him of workplace sexual harassment?

RW

I didn't consider he was unionized.  Yep.  No suing.  He can only file a complaint with the appropriate Labour Relations Board.  In cases like this, it's usually better for an employee to fight for reinstatement.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

"Advocates for sexual assault victims have wondered why the after-the-fact behaviour of the accusers is relevant to this case at all, and point out that women can sometimes react to traumatic events in ways that might confuse onlookers. One of the accusers herself, Lucy DeCoutere, even opined that the women's behaviour shouldn't be on trial; only Ghomeshi's alleged actions should be."

Do you think these women's actions in pursuing further relations with Jian are the markings of some strange reaction to abuse?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I never thought this case would go the way it has once it reached court.

RW

Given the testimony, I can't believe it went to court.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Given the testimony, I can't believe it went to court.

That too.