Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Voting

Started by RW, February 11, 2016, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Why are we still voting in person using a pencil when electing our political types?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why are we still voting in person using a pencil when electing our political types?

Doesn't apply to me, I don't vote.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Why are we still voting in person using a pencil when electing our political types?

Because no left/centrist government trusts electronic voting.

It favours the wealthy, right sided voters.

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

Considering the transactions we do securely via electronics these days, shouldn't we be getting past this point already though?  I read somewhere that our last federal election exceeded $400 MILLION.  That to me is staggering!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Electronic voting favours those with the means and intelligence to use electronic devices, and disenfranchises those who have been technically abandoned.

This is not a barrier, as there are simple solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity.

Even phone voting could be implemented.

RW

So it favours young people over old people in other words.  Not sure that's a bad thing either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Yes. Older citizens won't use electronic devices.

But they can telephone their vote in, or visit polling stations at their shops, malls, aged care facilities and council chambers.

Even postal works.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So it favours young people over old people in other words.  Not sure that's a bad thing either.

That sucks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why not?

I put my faith in a much higher power than Nenshi, Notley and Trudeau.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Considering the transactions we do securely via electronics these days, shouldn't we be getting past this point already though?  I read somewhere that our last federal election exceeded $400 MILLION.  That to me is staggering!

If you want to take it further, whey even have elections at all? We could vote on all issues ourselves.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Obama?

Mmmm...I don't know if that's wise.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"

If you want to take it further, whey even have elections at all? We could vote on all issues ourselves.

Exactly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Obama?

Mmmm...I don't know if that's wise.

Not even Obama.

:laugh:

Renee

Quote from: "RW"So it favours young people over old people in other words.  Not sure that's a bad thing either.

Bullshit, most of the voting booths in the US are electronic touch pad type devices. All you see is OLD people at the polling places. They are either voting or working the polls.

The proplem is that the young are too lazy or disconnected to bother to take time out from their electronic network entanglements to get off their ass and vote.

Unless of course if some leftard asshole like Bernie Sanders is screaming the word "FREE", then they come running like lemmings.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.