News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10474
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:17:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's stopping you from getting what you want out of life?

Started by shin, February 22, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Describe your level of self-discipline

1-2: I wake up, turn on the computer, and eat free food. My life is awesome!
0 (0%)
3-4: Does using an alarm count? hey, at least I go outside sometimes!
1 (12.5%)
5-6: I have a job. It's called being a babysitter.
1 (12.5%)
7-8: I'm self-sufficient, and I make problems disappear... yep, those roaches are gone whenever I walk into the room.
5 (62.5%)
9-10: Whatever I touch turns to gold. I've got more food stamps than you've got lost hours of sleep.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 22, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

reel

And you guys are all old!  Except maybe Shen.  I can't remember how old she is.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Stop calling yourself an "old guy".  You're 45 FFS!

I'm 48. D.O.B. January 4 1968.

That isn't old either FFS.

80+ is OLD

Old is when middle age ends and elderly begins. For most it's around 60.

By global standards, 80+ is not just old, its fucking ancient.

The average age of mortality world wide is around 68 for men and 73 for women. We here in modern western civilization live longer so we have a skewed POV on the subject.

My father-in-law is in his 70s and I don't see him as being old.  My dad is in his 60s and I don't think of him as old at all.

That's a perception. My parents are in there 60s and I don't see them as old either, mostly because they are still very active. But I'm talking in terms of mortality.

By global standards of mortality, they are old. Sorry, it's unavoidable.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Haha, from one old bag to one old fart, we aren't old until you can't remember where you put your teeth  :laugh: My hubby is turning 56 soon and I don't think he's old.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"And you guys are all old!  Except maybe Shen.  I can't remember how old she is.

I''ll be 32 in September. I'm a fucking a sweetiepie.

Annie

I'll be 46 next month, ac_dance  I just did my roots and dyed ALL the grey away
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I'll be 46 next month, ac_dance  I just did my roots and dyed ALL the grey away

Old bag!! :001_tongue:

Annie

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"

Haha, from one old bag to one old fart, we aren't old until you can't remember where you put your teeth  :laugh: My hubby is turning 56 soon and I don't think he's old.

lol, I like that GrAnnie.

Bricktop

shin

I think old is where you start with if you count the years of your life backward from death.

Is that grim?

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I think old is where you start with if you count the years of your life backward from death.

Is that grim?

No easy task.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"I'll be 46 next month, ac_dance  I just did my roots and dyed ALL the grey away

I keep my hair short. I got a retreating hair line.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Fucking coffin dodgers clogging up our forum.

Never heard that one before.  :roll: funny.

I will forever be in denial.

Mona

Nothing is preventing me, just because I may not yet have achieved all that I plan to, doesn't mean that it has been prevented.  Parenthood has derailed me from a few goals, but they're not forgotten, just paused.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Mona"Nothing is preventing me, just because I may not yet have achieved all that I plan to, doesn't mean that it has been prevented.  Parenthood has derailed me from a few goals, but they're not forgotten, just paused.

Morning Mona. Parenthood comes with tons of responsibilities. It's a huge task. Remember that a day will come when your life will be awarded back to you. The best is on its way.