News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

39C and thunderstorms; Welcome to Autumn in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, March 06, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Mona

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"15c where you are is coat and hat weather!!!

I don't wear hats. If it's that cold, I don't leave the house.  I rug up with leather coats and scarves and thigh high boots.

RW

At 15C?!?  I'd be out in a t-shirt and shorts.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

If I recall the conversion from Celcius to Fahrenheit is:  C° x 1.8 + 32

So 15°C = 59°F???? That's cold  :confused1:

That's early springtime temps around here. The frickin flowers are out.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"If I recall the conversion from Celcius to Fahrenheit is:  C° x 1.8 + 32

So 15°C = 59°F???? That's cold  :confused1:

That's early springtime temps around here. The frickin flowers are out.

It is here too Renee.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mona"I find it easier to cool down than warm up.  It doesn't matter how many layers of clothes I wear in the cold, I'm never warm enough.  But in heat, it's a simple matter of wearing hardly any clothing.  (So less washing, too, which is always a bonus.)

Does it get cold where you live Mona?

No. Anything under 20C and I need a jumper.

Fifteen is a nice temperature..

Which city do you live in Mona?

I don't like to pinpoint my exact location.  I'm on the East Coast, north of Sydney and south of Brisbane.  And I have lived in multiple locations from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast.

There all nice warm sunny places Mona.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"I find it easier to cool down than warm up.  It doesn't matter how many layers of clothes I wear in the cold, I'm never warm enough.  But in heat, it's a simple matter of wearing hardly any clothing.  (So less washing, too, which is always a bonus.)

Does it get cold where you live Mona?

No. Anything under 20C and I need a jumper.

Fifteen is a nice temperature..

Which city do you live in Mona?

I don't like to pinpoint my exact location.  I'm on the East Coast, north of Sydney and south of Brisbane.  And I have lived in multiple locations from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast.

It got hot when I was working in the Toowoomba area of Queensland. I can adjust better than most because I have worked everywhere from Arctic tundra to equatorial jungles.

Mona

ac_smile

Yes, I don't function well in colder regions.

Mona

Quote from: "Herman"
It got hot when I was working in the Toowoomba area of Queensland. I can adjust better than most because I have worked everywhere from Arctic tundra to equatorial jungles.

Toowoomba can get extremes in weather. In Summer it's stinking hot,  because there's no ocean breezes, and the rain doesn't always make it over the ranges.  But in the midst of winter you can get very low temperatures and a little further out it snows.

Anonymous

ac_smile

Yes, I don't function well in colder regions.

My old lady does not do cold well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Toowoomba can get extremes in weather. In Summer it's stinking hot,  because there's no ocean breezes, and the rain doesn't always make it over the ranges.  But in the midst of winter you can get very low temperatures and a little further out it snows.

I never noticed it being extreme cold. I thought the winter weather was close to perfect for working.

Anonymous

We came close to immigrating to Aus. Based on Daddy's occupation at the time, my parents thought his prospects would be better in Canada.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"For which we in Australia are grateful.

ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"We came close to immigrating to Aus. Based on Daddy's occupation at the time, my parents thought his prospects would be better in Canada.

A lot of Taiwanese live in Brisbane.

Mona

Quote from: "Shen Li"We came close to immigrating to Aus. Based on Daddy's occupation at the time, my parents thought his prospects would be better in Canada.

A lot of Taiwanese live in Brisbane.

The Chinese also favour it. Apparently the tail of the dragon is a fortuitous positioning. Whole suburbs have been taken over, and the Asian drug trade in those areas is booming. Everyone else stays out of their way, or moves well out of the area.