Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Why is Everything So Small?

Started by Annie, April 11, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Yep Seoulbro, we do. He's almost 23. He has cataracts, has arthritis and mostly deaf but otherwise very healthy.  He's indoor only as our other cats as well. I do all they're grooming needs. clip all their nails, clean their ears with mineral oil, de-shed them (I can literally make a small blanket from all the shedding hair!) and brush their teeth with little kitty tooth brushes. They're also spoiled. They get their regular hard food but for breakfast and dinner they get soft food. They get treats for being good or just cute and they have a toy box. They like to leave their toys in our shoes, in our bed, by our doors lol They get new toys each month and cat nip. We have a huge climbing thing they can rest, play, watch outside and scratch on. They have a play mat with grooming posts and we taught Sparta (our great big 5 yr old) to jump through the kitty tube/tunnel and hoop.  We have lots of posts for them to scratch on wherever they are and a wooden shelf I let them scratch on. This saves the couch and the stairs from being shredded lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep Seoulbro, we do. He's almost 23. He has cataracts, has arthritis and mostly deaf but otherwise very healthy.  He's indoor only as our other cats as well. I do all they're grooming needs. clip all their nails, clean their ears with mineral oil, de-shed them (I can literally make a small blanket from all the shedding hair!) and brush their teeth with little kitty tooth brushes. They're also spoiled. They get their regular hard food but for breakfast and dinner they get soft food. They get treats for being good or just cute and they have a toy box. They like to leave their toys in our shoes, in our bed, by our doors lol They get new toys each month and cat nip. We have a huge climbing thing they can rest, play, watch outside and scratch on. They have a play mat with grooming posts and we taught Sparta (our great big 5 yr old) to jump through the kitty tube/tunnel and hoop.  We have lots of posts for them to scratch on wherever they are and a wooden shelf I let them scratch on. This saves the couch and the stairs from being shredded lol

Damn Annie, you really like cats.

Annie

lol I do, Herman! I love all animals but cats seem to be the easiest.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep Seoulbro, we do. He's almost 23. He has cataracts, has arthritis and mostly deaf but otherwise very healthy.  He's indoor only as our other cats as well. I do all they're grooming needs. clip all their nails, clean their ears with mineral oil, de-shed them (I can literally make a small blanket from all the shedding hair!) and brush their teeth with little kitty tooth brushes. They're also spoiled. They get their regular hard food but for breakfast and dinner they get soft food. They get treats for being good or just cute and they have a toy box. They like to leave their toys in our shoes, in our bed, by our doors lol They get new toys each month and cat nip. We have a huge climbing thing they can rest, play, watch outside and scratch on. They have a play mat with grooming posts and we taught Sparta (our great big 5 yr old) to jump through the kitty tube/tunnel and hoop.  We have lots of posts for them to scratch on wherever they are and a wooden shelf I let them scratch on. This saves the couch and the stairs from being shredded lol

So cats live a lot longer than dogs do? I always thought they lived about 12-14 years like a dog.

Annie

I think it depends on the breed, whether it's indoor or outdoor, what you feed them etc. My sister in law had a cat who lived to be 27.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"

So cats live a lot longer than dogs do? I always thought they lived about 12-14 years like a dog.

Growing up we always had dogs. My dad was always coming home with a retired police dog.....Dobermans or German Shepards. They usually lived to be around 11 or 12 on average. I believe that the stress working police dogs have to endure, takes its toll on them later in life.

But we also had a family dog that lived to be just shy of 20. It was a little Pomeranian named Toby. He was 2 when I was born and he died in his sleep during my senior year in HS.

Lifespan of most dogs and cats depends on breed, genetics, living conditions and to some degree....dumb luck.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/55E4D455-95CE-4B47-B0F5-B992239C1BE5_zpselttbnzo.jpg.html">

I'm sort of a cat lover. This guy is Martine. Old GF left him here years ago. We've become good pals. He cost me about $75. per mo. He rules the house hold.

Annie

That's a beautiful kitty, Twenty  :thumbup:  Is he by chance a chocolate point Siamese?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/55E4D455-95CE-4B47-B0F5-B992239C1BE5_zpselttbnzo.jpg.html">

I'm sort of a cat lover. This guy is Martine. Old GF left him here years ago. We've become good pals. He cost me about $75. per mo. He rules the house hold.

He is a beautiful kitty Twenty Dollars..

Why does he cost $75 per month?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Growing up we always had dogs. My dad was always coming home with a retired police dog.....Dobermans or German Shepards. They usually lived to be around 11 or 12 on average. I believe that the stress working police dogs have to endure, takes its toll on them later in life.

But we also had a family dog that lived to be just shy of 20. It was a little Pomeranian named Toby. He was 2 when I was born and he died in his sleep during my senior year in HS.

Lifespan of most dogs and cats depends on breed, genetics, living conditions and to some degree....dumb luck.

I have had work dogs and they usually did not live real long lives. Little house dogs seems to last longer.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Herman"

I have had work dogs and they usually did not live real long lives. Little house dogs seems to last longer.

Likewise, in my experience from having dogs most of my 60 years, the small little yappy things live long lives, while the larger dogs tend to develop health problems after 10-12 years or so that shorten their lives. Hip dysplasia, organ failure, etc. Very sad, as I am a true sucker for a big dog. Big dogs are usually, but not always, sweethearts while the little yappers are sometimes too feisty for their own good.

Anonymous

I guess I am thinking of the big dogs that have a lifespan around the twelve year mark.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/55E4D455-95CE-4B47-B0F5-B992239C1BE5_zpselttbnzo.jpg.html">

Actually he is a Himalayan. Like a long hair Siamese. Same markings. He cost $75.per month for food, cat treats, kitty litter, flea medicine, claws clipped, trips to the vet, etc. Hes my best buddy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Actually he is a Himalayan. Like a long hair Siamese. Same markings. He cost $75.per month for food, cat treats, kitty litter, flea medicine, claws clipped, trips to the vet, etc. Hes my best buddy.

You pamper that cat.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "Herman"

Likewise, in my experience from having dogs most of my 60 years, the small little yappy things live long lives, while the larger dogs tend to develop health problems after 10-12 years or so that shorten their lives. Hip dysplasia, organ failure, etc. Very sad, as I am a true sucker for a big dog. Big dogs are usually, but not always, sweethearts while the little yappers are sometimes too feisty for their own good.

That has been true of the big dogs I have had.