The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Guilty Pleasures

Started by Renee, April 11, 2016, 09:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"Oh God.. The last 10 songs poasted, I can sing along to and remember every word.

Wow.. I am old, old, old.

On the bright side, not as old as Peaches!

I remember the words too and I'm not that old, at least I used to think so before a few days ago. :mad:

The difference is, you probably remember when those songs were released. It must have been kind of an exciting time.  ac_smile

I remember listening to them on AM radio out of Detroit. It was a monumental revelation when I got an AM/FM converter for my first car and discovered the world of FM radio.

Wow AM radio. :laugh3: I have some very early memories of WABC in NY but it was long past it's heyday and mostly talk radio.

LOL.. yeah, when I was but a child growing up, I could listen to the radio in my room. AM radio was all I could get.. FM radio was always pretty staticy and mostly useless. Ahh, the good old days. I used to go to a nearby radio station and hang out, watching the DJ play records thru a big plate-glass window. WSPD in Toledo, I think it was.

I guessing it was a transistor radio.  :laugh3:

My dad had and may still have one in laying around the garage. I remember he used to have it on when he would be working on one of the classic junkers he would pick up now and then. It was a big square thing with a big tuner knob and extendable chrome antenna AND a removable brown leather cover. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

As a kid I didn't think much of it....it was just a radio. But when I look back and compare it to what we have today. It was barely one step above 2 Dixie cups and a string. :laugh3:

It WAS a transistor radio.. Built into the body of a small roulette table. Our TV, by the way, was black and white nad run by tubes. Old style for sure.

Renee

">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

">

Anonymous

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpo9KZYJ4sA

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

I just heard these guys were touring again. ac_wot.

Coming to an assisted living residence near you.  :laugh3:

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Renee

">

Print
User actions