Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

'Lady-Driven' Stuff

Started by JOE, April 12, 2016, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "seoulbro"So, is the yard sale over now?

Oh..that was a couple of years ago.

It was held on this abandoned lot which everybody in the neighborhood uses as a place to sell/hawk their goods or stuff they no longer need or want.

We always git a lotta neat stuff there. Sometimes really high end stuff.

There are some people in the neighborhood with a lot of disposable income.

If I see any other nifty antiques for sale, I'll go back there an' buy 'em.

They're usually sold for pennies on the dollar.

I was joking.

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It was held on this abandoned lot which everybody in the neighborhood uses as a place to sell/hawk their goods or stuff they no longer need or want.

I was joking.

Oh..I'm not. One time, this guy gave away a bunch of antique items away from his 'throwaway' items from his attic that he no longer wanted.

Some of it sells for a pretty penny on the auction sites like eBay.

Here's one I got from him that he gave away on the street:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYwWDEyODA=/$%28KGrHqZ,!iIE8LNufJV7BPN%281u65D!~~60_35.JPG">

A toy pistol, Sells for about $20-30 on ebay.

Anonymous

I was joking.

Oh..I'm not. One time, this guy gave away a bunch of antique items away from his 'throwaway' items from his attic that he no longer wanted.

Some of it sells for a pretty penny on the auction sites like eBay.

Here's one I got from him that he gave away on the street:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYwWDEyODA=/$%28KGrHqZ,!iIE8LNufJV7BPN%281u65D!~~60_35.JPG">

A toy pistol, Sells for about $20-30 on ebay.

What are you going to do with that?

JOE

...it's just a cap gun which runs on paper cap refills, like this:

http://www.capgunstore.com/images/Roll%20Caps%20Loose.jpg">

...no projectiles.

I just keep it around as a decoration in the living room.

nothing else.

Heck, I even collect unopened packages of cigarettes.

I save them for guests in case they wanna smoke.

I don't smoke anymore myself tho'.

cc

Quote from: "RW"So Joe, are you saying if someone came across my vibrator collection they'd think it was owned by a male?  If that's the case, should I still try to sell it as "female driven"?

:roll:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"...it's just a cap gun which runs on paper cap refills, like this:

...no projectiles.

nothing else.

Brother are you bringing back the childhood memories. I remember lighting rolls of them on fire and throwing down gopher holes when I was like six years old.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "JOE"...it's just a cap gun which runs on paper cap refills, like this:

...no projectiles.

nothing else.

Brother are you bringing back the childhood memories. I remember lighting rolls of them on fire and throwing down gopher holes when I was like six years old.

Oh. What I seem to remember is that the kids who lived in the countryside had REAL guns, not fake stuff.

They all fired .22's, and they taught them how to target practice and hunt at a young age.

I remember trying to few rounds with their rifles at tin cans and paper targets.

I always missed. Those kids usually hit their targets. Amazing. I think they were only 10 or 11 years old.

Anonymous

I was not allowed to use the old man's 22's until I was ten. I had an air gun when I was eight. I was using the 12 gauge when I was twelve. Blew the badgers to bits.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I was not allowed to use the old man's 22's until I was ten. I had an air gun when I was eight. I was using the 12 gauge when I was twelve. Blew the badgers to bits.

A little different from my childhood Herm.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"I was not allowed to use the old man's 22's until I was ten. I had an air gun when I was eight. I was using the 12 gauge when I was twelve. Blew the badgers to bits.

The idea of killing small animals (or even big ones) bothers me.

But then again, I didn't grow up in the countryside or the wilderness.

However, it's a completely different world from the Big City.

And if one's survival or self-defense depends on it, then one begins to understand that mindset a lot better.

I suppose if I had grown up in the countryside, things would've been a lot different.

That lifestyle must make somebody a lot tougher.

Boys are taught to be men at an early age.

I found that Natives who lived outside the city were good hunters. They know how to shoot an animal and then skin it professionally, If an IQ could be assigned to many of them, many would be like Einsteins of the Wilderness. And if Einstein himself showed up there, he'd be a Special Ed student.

Anonymous

And if one's survival or self-defense depends on it, then one begins to understand that mindset a lot better.

I suppose if I had grown up in the countryside, things would've been a lot different.

I found that Natives who lived outside the city were good hunters. They know how to shoot an animal and then skin it professionally, If an IQ could be assigned to many of them, many would be like Einsteins of the Wilderness. And if Einstein himself showed up there, he'd be a Special Ed student.

I never killed animals and birds for survival Joe. We had our own livestock. When I was about fourteen or fifteen I just liked driving around the farm on my ATC shooting critters and blowing stuff up.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "RW"So Joe, are you saying if someone came across my vibrator collection they'd think it was owned by a male?  If that's the case, should I still try to sell it as "female driven"?

Thank God someone got it!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"

Thank God someone got it!

We all did.

Anonymous

I never killed animals and birds for survival Joe. We had our own livestock. When I was about fourteen or fifteen I just liked driving around the farm on my ATC shooting critters and blowing stuff up.

What kind of things would you blow up and what would you use?

Anonymous

What kind of things would you blow up and what would you use?

Badger holes, hawk's nests, muskrat lodges. I used to like putting pressurized cans inside them and shooting them. Lots of fun.