Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Used it a lot  .. Safeway sales stock up ... before going all espresso-exclusive snob  ac_smile

I don't want to turn into one of those high class, up town, snooty rednecks.

cc

Speaking of rednecks, Rolling Thunder is about to start in Washington ... if you are interested. Not sure if wannabe elitist CNN and MSN networks  will carry it live

1000s of really top big rumbling hogs and all paying their respect for  vets for Memorial weekend. It takes a long time for all to pass by  

http://www.dodlive.mil/files/2015/05/hires_100530-D-1852B-989a.jpg">

Shen would orgasm herself to death before it was 1/4 over   ac_toofunny
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Speaking of rednecks, Rolling Thunder is about to start in Washington ... if you are interested. Not sure if wannabe elitist CNN and MSN networks  will carry it live

1000s of really top big rumbling hogs and all paying homage to vets for Memorial weekend. It takes a long time for all to pass by  

I think I will put on hold the work I was going to do today. Fridge is stocked with Bud, so I am good to go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Speaking of rednecks, Rolling Thunder is about to start in Washington ... if you are interested. Not sure if wannabe elitist CNN and MSN networks  will carry it live

1000s of really top big rumbling hogs and all paying their respect for  vets for Memorial weekend. It takes a long time for all to pass by  

http://www.dodlive.mil/files/2015/05/hires_100530-D-1852B-989a.jpg">

Gotta go.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Edwards dark is a good drip coffee ... beats the heck out of the other regular shelf  brands

We have a Keurig, but I like drip coffee. In the locomotives, we have the old steel campfire coffee pots. I make it good and strong.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Edwards dark is a good drip coffee ... beats the heck out of the other regular shelf  brands

We have a Keurig, but I like drip coffee. In the locomotives, we have the old steel campfire coffee pots. I make it good and strong.

I have had campfire coffee. I was surprised how good it was.

reel

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
That is exceptional coffee.

A friend came by to pick up some baby clothes we were giving him and he'd just picked up a delivery order of coffee.  He gave us a pound of medium roasted beans, which we quickly consumed.  It was like no other coffee I'd ever had.  We tried to find it ourselves, but couldn't find it for less than $60/lb ($138/lb on Amazon.ca!).  We ended up asking the friend where he got it and ordering from there at $23USD/lb, which is still exorbitant, but it's just so damn good.  I figure it's twice the price I'd normally pay, but it's at least 3 times as good - so good value!  Unfortunately, because it's so good, I also tend to make more of it.

I've only ever made espresso.  I don't really know how to make anything else, but I don't like anything else anyway.  Work has a Keurig machine, which I'll choke down just for the caffeine, but I can't tell the difference between the 20 or so different capsules, except that they are all bad.

Quote from: "Shen Li"Reels, how the fuck are you?

Good good.  Other than that I have to go on a surprise trip to Africa next week.  I dislike surprise trips to Africa.  :(

Anonymous

It was like no other coffee i ever had. I don't expect to have that treat again anytime soon.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"Are there any Tim Hortons franchises close to you shin?

Sadly, no. The only Tim Horton's in the U.S. are on the upper peninsula of Michigan.

shin

So I finally got around to trying Dunkin' Donuts ground beans. I was in shock at how terrible I think they are! they taste like flavored dirt.

the argument that was sort of spawned by Renee was that Starbucks is crap because they use robusta beans. The primary reason I drink coffee is for the caffeine, so if it doesn't have the required potency it's practically useless to me... and that's Dunkin' Donuts in a nutshell. It seemed like compared to the Starbucks French Roast that it had half of the caffeine content.

I think I'll stick to Starbucks for the time being... but this Jamaican blue Mountain sounds exquisite. It might just be out of my price range, though.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"The lighter the roast, the more caffeine.

Exactly....also the lighter the roast the better it is for you. Coffee is not just for a caffeine high..... Coffee contains antioxidants that studies show improve mood, prevent headaches, improve physical performance, fight colon and other forms of cancer, fight liver disease and there is even a link that shows coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson's disease.

The darker the roast the less antioxidants you have in the coffee. In fact in cases of very dark roasts, there is no antioxidant benefit at all.

So if you are just looking for a caffeine jolt....you can get that from a fuckin over the counter pill from your local pharmacy and save yourself the trouble of brewing the coffee.

BTW Shin, I'm curious....how do you know what "flavored dirt" tastes like? Do you have some experience with eating dirt?......Maybe that's a subject for a whole separate thread.  ac_biggrin

">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uq74-th-4
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The lighter the roast, the more caffeine.

I was drinking coffee for a long time before I found that out. I stll prefer darker roasts.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Are there any Tim Hortons franchises close to you shin?

Sadly, no. The only Tim Horton's in the U.S. are on the upper peninsula of Michigan.

That is not entirely accurate. I saw one on the road coming down from Niagara Falls through Buffalo, New York. :Laie_68:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]