A

What styles of music do you like and dislike

Started by Anonymous, May 11, 2016, 06:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Like: classic rock and alternative

Dislike: electronic music

Renee

I don't think I can break it down categorically. I like what speaks to me. It could be anything from classic rock, to bubblegum pop, to alternative country, to classical.

I can tell you what I definitely don't like and that's Hip-Hop, Rap and ANYTHING Taylor Swift. That awful stuff is an assault on the senses and an affront to music in general.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Why was my thread moved? It is a survey, not a music offering as threads here are.

Renee

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Why was my thread moved? It is a survey, not a music offering as threads here are.

Threads here are not just musical offerings. This sub is for anything in the way of musically oriented discussion as well. Be it a survey or a music video, it's just neater more organized, and more "searchable" to have this subject matter in one place.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I like many musical genres including pop, ballads, hip hop, rock, country and gospel.

I don't like gangster or hardcore rap.

Anonymous

I have a weakness for classic prog rock and Marley. I don't like grindcore, thrash and especially punk. Punk is real 'white noise'.

priscilla1961

My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"I like all the musics. ac_smile

That is very kind of you, but punk is not music.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have a weakness for classic prog rock and Marley. I don't like grindcore, thrash and especially punk. Punk is real 'white noise'.

I once heard punk music being called the only music whiter than country.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I disagree strongly.

There are plenty of punk bands that are quite good. Off the top of my head, just to name a few that are very decent bands....Green Day, Social Distortion, The Ramon's, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphy's, and The New York Dolls.

Even some of the stuff "The Who" produced can be considered early punk.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I disagree strongly.

There are plenty of punk bands that are quite good. Off the top of my head, just to name a few that are very decent bands....Green Day, Social Distortion, The Ramones, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphy's, and The New York Dolls.

I liked some Clash. Particularly Combat Rock.

Anonymous

So do I, but within the various categories of musics I have plenty of dislikes and likes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I disagree strongly.

There are plenty of punk bands that are quite good. Off the top of my head, just to name a few that are very decent bands....Green Day, Social Distortion, The Ramones, Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphy's, and The New York Dolls.

All garbage, every single one of them. So, we'll have to agree to disagree.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Peaches"

So do I, but within the various categories of musics I have plenty of dislikes and likes.

The music make my heart happy Peaches.
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "Peaches"

The music make my heart happy Peaches.

Yes, without it life would hold no value for me.