Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Canadian Pacific Railway to cut up to 1,000 jobs as rail volume slumps

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2016, 02:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Holy Angelina Jolie! CP rail mistreated the Chinese people that built the railroad and Canada must atone for it's racist past and it's racisthead tax too.

Is Angelina Jolie your fantasy girl?

Anonymous

Their share price has settled in around the low to mid $170's CDN price range since making this announcement. They still want to buy Norfolk Southern, but it's looking less likely all the time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Their share price has settled in around the low to mid $170's CDN price range since making this announcement. They still want to buy Norfolk Southern, but it's looking less likely all the time.

There seems to be fewer CP trains blocking traffic near my house.

Anonymous

There were no layoffs. The company got rid of some scab contractors like Cando switching services.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"There were no layoffs. The company got rid of some scab contractors like Cando switching services.

Job security for CP employees.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"There were no layoffs. The company got rid of some scab contractors like Cando switching services.

A CN contractor had a runaway dangerous goods car hooked to remote near Regina.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I saw that on the news. They had Hazmat teams on standby.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Heads rolled at Cando.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Heads rolled at Cando.

good

Anonymous

They are hiring conductor trainees in Revelstoke and Port Coquitlam. Also supervisor jobs for running trades in Northern Ontario. A  section Assistant Roadmaster gig in Medicine Hat too.

https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=CPR&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&_s.crb=tSZuczcQo8SqE425ldV%2FpQYC%2BUk%3D">https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... YC%2bUk%3d">https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=CPR&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&_s.crb=tSZuczcQo8SqE425ldV%2fpQYC%2bUk%3d

Lance Leftardashian

I recently read that CP Rail is laying off 1,500 workers. This Brexit vote is a disaster. As Obama said xenophobia led to the YES vote winning. Britain will now have to wait at the back of the line now in trade negotiations and well they should.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"I recently read that CP Rail is laying off 1,500 workers. This Brexit vote is a disaster. As Obama said xenophobia led to the YES vote winning. Britain will now have to wait at the back of the line now in trade negotiations and well they should.

Demand for commodities like potash, coal, crude oil, grains and lumber is down. These layoffs have nothing to do with a vote in the UK.