Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

A

Why God Made Trees

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2016, 10:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Evidently, Astor Piazzolla was born to persuade God to make more trees.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Evidently, Astor Piazzolla was born to persuade God to make more trees.

">

Very nice.

Anonymous

:MG_216:
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Peaches"Evidently, Astor Piazzolla was born to persuade God to make more trees.

">

Very nice.

Maybe I should start a tango thread which mostly would feature Piazzolla, but I'm thinking of a brass instrument thread also.

Meanwhile, the grenadilla tree (mpingo or African blackwood)

">

Anonymous

Anonymous

Bricktop

Now THAT'S cultural appropriation.

Where are the screaming progs?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Now THAT'S cultural appropriation.

Where are the screaming progs?

Leave your straw men out of it.   Oh, and I guess you never heard of John Hammond, Jr.

Bricktop

She's as Indian as KFC.

Good guess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"She's as Indian as KFC.

Good guess.

Kundalini yoga ain't limited by geography, only by heart.  I'll see if I can find Hammond, but in the meanwhile here's another excursion into cultural interchange...or maybe anarchy.  LOL.

">

You may have to c&p the url if it doesn't embed.

Anonymous

Cooder is one of America's exemplars when it comes to culture bending.  This was quite a while back.

">

Bricktop

That's just gospel blues in a sari...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"Cooder is one of America's exemplars when it comes to culture bending.  This was quite a while back.

">

I think George Harrison beat him to it.

I quite enjoy cross cultural influences...done right...

Nonetheless, there are those on your side of the ideological fence who regard it as cultural appropriation, are there not?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"That's just gospel blues in a sari...

Whatever you say, Maestro.  It's not gospel, nor blues, nor the imprecise combination you suggest.  There are all sorts of pentatonic scales, after all.

Quote from: "Bricktop"
I think George Harrison beat him to it.

I think you err, pal.  Harrison took a few lessons on sitar in India from Pandit Ravi Shankar but that's about the extent of your comparison.  This is a collaborative cross-cultural exercise.

QuoteI quite enjoy cross cultural influences...done right...

How would you be able to know?

QuoteNonetheless, there are those on your side of the ideological fence who regard it as cultural appropriation, are there not?

I don't believe there's much room for political ideology in music, apart from lyrics.  Not that I believe, as I've said previously, you have a very firm grip on my ideologies.

Look, if what this is about is you trolling my music thread, knock yourself out -- but don't expect me to offer the courtesy of replying to such nonsense.  I've had music threads trolled by real trolls, as you might imagine.

Bricktop

Freud trolls you too?

The boy can't help himself.

And don't fret, I'm not trolling your music thread.

I'm just trying to breathe some life into it.

Blurt

Breath control is more important if you play wind instruments.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Print
User actions