The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

EgyptAir Flight Dissapeared from radar - Update - Pings from a blackbox picked up

Started by cc, May 19, 2016, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"Not sure why aircraft designers never thought of or could figure out how to make a plane more safe ages ago. Recently, a Russian engineer introduced a design where the fuselage detaches from the aircraft and parachutes enable the cabin to make a safe landing:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/15/22/3034B11100000578-0-image-a-86_1452896582004.jpg">

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3401939/The-plane-detach-entire-CABIN-event-emergency-Concept-drop-passengers-land-using-built-parachutes.html">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... hutes.html">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3401939/The-plane-detach-entire-CABIN-event-emergency-Concept-drop-passengers-land-using-built-parachutes.html

If they've done it for spacecraft, then why not planes?

It could save a lot of lives.

Just do us all a favor.....wrap yourself in bubble wrap from head to toe and never leave your bed.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I heard on the radio the government of Egypt is now saying terrorism was the likely reason.

cc

That is what they are saying now ..... "likely" as it will take examination of what is most likely pieces at bottom of ocean, or a break at Paris Airport to prove  

Likely will be a while before  cause will be definitive

Debris found in Sea (several sources)

BBC Home Page as of 8.30 am our time

An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo made two sharp turns before plunging into the Mediterranean Sea, Greece's defence minister says.

Panos Kammenos said the Airbus A320 had "turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn to the right".

It then dropped more than 25,000ft (7,620m) before disappearing from radar, he added.

Egypt's civil aviation minister has said the possibility of a terror attack is stronger than technical failure.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Even the US now believes it was terrorism based on circumstances.

What I don't understand is why some terror group is not thumping their chests and taking credit for it if terror was the cause? What do think cc?

cc

cc

BBC - 8.30 am our time

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/84E8/production/_89742043_egyptair_flight_ms804_624map_v3.png">

Anonymous

I read there's an arms race underway between ISIS/Al Qaeda and explosive detection technology. Terror groups are developing new harder to detect underwear and surgically inserted explosives. Both terror groups are targetting the aviation industry.

Anonymous

If it was an act of terror, it would be the third airplane brought down by terrorists in the past two years.

cc

Frankly I'm expecting at least the effort and possibly success of Al Q attacks .. possibly very large and dramatic. The are not into being viewed as  #2

They have always been more efficient than any other group ... IS people discovered everywhere and few if any Al Q discovered around does not mean they are not in the game and planning very large events

We were lucky to get to KSM in 03, but there well could be others of his caliber in Al Q

The Donald

Looks like yet another terrorist attack. Airplane departed from Paris. When will we get tough, smart and vigilant? Great hate and sickness!
Make America Great Again

Anonymous

Apparently they have now found the wreckage.

Anonymous

Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris has some serious security problems.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Apparently they have now found the wreckage.

That is good iron horse jockey..

Now they can start pinpointing the exact cause.

cc

Yes. They found about 50 employees with IS ties and got rid of many  .... It took Paris attacks to make them look into people ... boggling

Can't rule out anything at this point - The 99 Egyptian suicide pilot who deliberately crashed it into the Atlantic comes to mind as does similar Malaysian missing flight that took strange directions  

I'm not trying to say that happened, but this ideology has done these things ... in fact one in Europe was a suicide, not islamic I think  

So far no claims by any group ... that is not the norm  if a group did it

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "seoulbro"I read there's an arms race underway between ISIS/Al Qaeda and explosive detection technology. Terror groups are developing new harder to detect underwear and surgically inserted explosives. Both terror groups are targetting the aviation industry.

I believe you're right. I also believe its occurring all over the world. Even with conventional weapons. Guess I won't be traveling to Europe this fall.