Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Brand New Stuff

Started by Annie, May 22, 2016, 01:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Annie"Maybe if he had acted sooner, I might not have ended up with the neurological disorder I have today. I am very grateful to even be here, though  ac_smile

We are all very happy you are here, but I cannot believe the doctor's diagnosis.

Thousands of people are misdiagnosed by doctors every year, some even lead to death.

I once had a discussion with my OBGYN regarding this very issue and her reply to me was this......"Everyone makes mistakes but just like in every profession, there is good and bad; competence and incompetence. Unfortunately in the real world you the patient are stuck trying to figure out which is which".

As she put it....."What do you call medical students that graduate at the bottom of their class"?......."Doctors".
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Maybe if he had acted sooner, I might not have ended up with the neurological disorder I have today. I am very grateful to even be here, though  ac_smile

We are all very happy you are here, but I cannot believe the doctor's diagnosis.

Thousands of people are misdiagnosed by doctors every year, some even lead to death.

I once had a discussion with my OBGYN regarding this very issue and her reply to me was this......"Everyone makes mistakes but just like in every profession, there is good and bad; competence and incompetence. Unfortunately in the real world you the patient are stuck trying to figure out which is which".

As she put it....."What do you call medical students that graduate at the bottom of their class"?......."Doctors".

I know it happens, but I have been fortunate enough not to have had anyone in my circle of family and friends that has been misdiagnosed by a physician.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

A better word would be security guards.