The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

My condo smells like vinegar...

Started by smell the glove, June 10, 2016, 08:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

smell the glove

...I pissed the god damned bed again, and vinegar should work to clean/deodorize the mattress.

Lately I am starting to get concerned about myself.  The alcohol consumption is causing physical problems...  I have a hard time eating much of anything, and even drinking makes me sick, but eventually I consume enough to get "past that point."

I consume much more now, just to get a buzz, than I ever needed to.

I feel lazy, and seem to sweat a lot more now.  I find it hard to get anything done.  Even simple things are a real chore...  An annoyance.

I know if I keep this up, I'll have a problem.

I don't shit properly, I don't eat properly, and I don't sleep properly.  I have essentially isolated myself, and am slowly destroying myself.

I am doing exactly what my Mother did.

I put on a different persona in public, and with people that I know, as I can pull it off well enough, but right now I am worried...

I can only post my shit on anonymous forums, since Facebook is just shit, for a variety of reasons!

The divorce, and then the deaths of both my parents, have put me into a shitty place.  However, I also understand that I could be potentially using these situations as a reason to justify what I'm doing...  In fact, I'm smart enough to know that I probably am.

Anyhow...  I don't want to interact with anyone...  I just want to post my shit, as sometimes the anon boards are a good way to do just this...

Odinson

Yeah after a good bender it might be hard to eat anything... Or drink anything.

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"...I pissed the god damned bed again, and vinegar should work to clean/deodorize the mattress.

Lately I am starting to get concerned about myself.  The alcohol consumption is causing physical problems...  I have a hard time eating much of anything, and even drinking makes me sick, but eventually I consume enough to get "past that point."

I feel lazy, and seem to sweat a lot more now.  I find it hard to get anything done.  Even simple things are a real chore...  An annoyance.

I don't shit properly, I don't eat properly, and I don't sleep properly.  I have essentially isolated myself, and am slowly destroying myself.

I put on a different persona in public, and with people that I know, as I can pull it off well enough, but right now I am worried...

I can only post my shit on anonymous forums, since Facebook is just shit, for a variety of reasons!

The divorce, and then the deaths of both my parents, have put me into a shitty place.  However, I also understand that I could be potentially using these situations as a reason to justify what I'm doing...  In fact, I'm smart enough to know that I probably am.

Anyhow...  I don't want to interact with anyone...  I just want to post my shit, as sometimes the anon boards are a good way to do just this...

Have you tried to stop or at least control your alcohol consumption?

How often do you drink?

Do you always drink alone?

smell the glove

I'm on my twelfth beer now, and I am just starting to feel OK.

It's six in the fucking morning now...

I have a fucking problem.

I do this day after day.  I need to stop.

I am not a bad guy, but I have a problem I need to deal with now...

Twenty Dollars

Aryan

I'd go the doctors mate, you are most likely depressed, they will be able to advise you and help steer you in the right direction.

smell the glove

I wouldn't wish my problems on anyone else.  My parents both died young from doing the same thing thing.  I also learned that behaviour from them...  Neither of them could parent.

I feel that I am capable of more...

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"I'm on my twelfth beer now, and I am just starting to feel OK.

There is another poster on this board that was an alcoholic for many years too..

He has been sober now for over a decade..

I won't mention his name, but if he sees this, I hope he shares how he quit drinking..

I hope you are able to overcome this smell the glove.

Odinson

Odinson

Quote from: "smell the glove"I'm on my twelfth beer now, and I am just starting to feel OK.

Tolerance grows...

You havent even started to drink hard liquor yet... You are good..

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"...I pissed the god damned bed again, and vinegar should work to clean/deodorize the mattress.

I know exactly what you are going thtough. I am the former alcoholic Fash was talking about. My abuse of alcohol started when I entered university as a civil engineering student. Drinking caused me to drop out in the first year.

I got hired by CP when I was 20 and my descent into problem drinking worsened. When I was not doing trips as a conductor back then, I was drinking Wiser's or Canadian Club.

I experienced the same symptoms you did including sweating and poor sleep. I could go a few days without drinking, but when I did I drank until blacking out.

Twelve years ago I woke up from three day bender with pain where my liver is. It was time to give it up. I think you recognize it's time to sign off on booze too.

It's not easy and I fell off the wagon twice in the first few months. But, it is so liberating to be free of the bondage of alcohol addiction.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I know exactly what you are going thtough. I am the former alcoholic Fash was talking about. My abuse of alcohol started when I entered university as a civil engineering student. Drinking caused me to drop out in the first year.

I got hired by CP when I was 20 and my descent into problem drinking worsened. When I was not doing trips as a conductor back then, I was drinking Wiser's or Canadian Club.

I experienced the same symptoms you did including sweating and poor sleep. I could go a few days without drinking, but when I did I drank until blacking out.

Twelve years ago I woke up from three day bender with pain where my liver is. It was time to give it up. I think you recognize it's time to sign off on booze too.

It's not easy and I fell off the wagon twice in the first few months. But, it is so liberating to be free of the bondage of alcohol addiction.

I thank you for sharing your past personal battles with us iron horse jockey.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

JOE

I don't have an alcohol problem. I can sit down have a few drinks and the STOP! That's it....I know my limits & how to control my alcohol consumption. I've seen too many guys who've blown their paycheques which is essentially their livelihoods down the drain. I still drink a bit every week, but mainly for relaxation and pleasure, never to get intoxicated. My motto is "drink like a European" and not some dumb North American from places like Surrey, Biritsh Columbia.

Admittedly though, the combo I find quite deadly is alchohol and a room full of beautiful women. Before you know it, the money's all gone. Its like having an vacuum cleaner to yer wallet. So I dunno which is the cause of such cash drainage, the alcohol or the women. Its kinda like the puzzle, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Renee

Mel doesn't want help. He has been crying about self destruction since long before his parents died AND his divorce took place a year or more ago. time to get OVER IT. In fact he didn't even know when his divorce was final. He was so disconnected from the process that he left everything up to his ex-wife.

He is fishing for a sympathetic ear. He wants to be coddled. He wants someone to sit and cry in his beer with him. The best thing anyone can do for him is tell him to man-up and stop the bullshit. Mel is a poor excuse for a person and as long as I can remember, he always has been. Truth be told, he needs a good kick in the crotch.

BTW Mel, try Nature's Miracle" to get rid of the urine odor. It works for dog piss, so it will probably work for you. :oeudC:

http://cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/media/UPG/Natures%20Miracle/Products/Stain%20and%20Odor%20Removers/Original%20Stain%20and%20Odor/P%205747_NM%20SO_32oz%20A.ashx?w=300&h=300&bc=white">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Mel doesn't want help. He has been crying about self destruction since long before his parents died AND his divorce took place a year or more ago. time to get OVER IT. In fact he didn't even know when his divorce was final. He was so disconnected from the process that he left everything up to his ex-wife.

He is fishing for a sympathetic ear. He wants to be coddled. He wants someone to sit and cry in his beer with him. The best thing anyone can do for him is tell him to man-up and stop the bullshit. Mel is a poor excuse for a person and as long as I can remember, he always has been. Truth be told, he needs a good kick in the crotch.

BTW Mel, try Nature's Miracle" to get rid of the urine odor. It works for dog piss, so it will probably work for you. :oeudC:

http://cdn.spectrumbrands.com/~/media/UPG/Natures%20Miracle/Products/Stain%20and%20Odor%20Removers/Original%20Stain%20and%20Odor/P%205747_NM%20SO_32oz%20A.ashx?w=300&h=300&bc=white">

I thought so, but gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview