Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:15:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

My condo smells like vinegar...

Started by smell the glove, June 10, 2016, 08:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Admittedly though, the combo I find quite deadly is alchohol and a room full of beautiful women. Before you know it, the money's all gone. Its like having an vacuum cleaner to yer wallet. So I dunno which is the cause of such cash drainage, the alcohol or the women. Its kinda like the puzzle, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

I work with a femle version of you. She is nearly sixty snd she goes out to bars with guys 35 years or more her junior. Of course she gets attention from these guys when she is buying them drinks all night. Afterwards they are calling her a senile old fool just like young women are probably saying about you after you pay their bar tab.

Some people are so desperate for human interaction they will pay people to feign liking them.

cc

This is not about you Joe

And thank you for your candor "Jock"ey. You have given mel some good real world experience to ponder.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

Its weird when women buy you drinks...

I hope they understand that even though they offer me drinks, I dont owe them anything. *tears*

smell the glove

Quote from: "Renee"Mel doesn't want help. He has been crying about self destruction since long before his parents died AND his divorce took place a year or more ago. time to get OVER IT. In fact he didn't even know when his divorce was final. He was so disconnected from the process that he left everything up to his ex-wife.

That's bullshit.  My ex initiated the divorce, and it was her duty to inform me of the proceeding (as is required here).

She did not inform me of what was her legal responsibility, since she was, and still is, and unorganized twat that can't fill out a basic form of any type.  She truly is a stunned cunt, pardon my French.

Only when I went to the courthouse (NOTHING can be done over the phone here), since too much time had passed, did the clerk explain things to me.

smell the glove

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I know exactly what you are going thtough. I am the former alcoholic Fash was talking about. My abuse of alcohol started when I entered university as a civil engineering student. Drinking caused me to drop out in the first year.

I got hired by CP when I was 20 and my descent into problem drinking worsened. When I was not doing trips as a conductor back then, I was drinking Wiser's or Canadian Club.

I experienced the same symptoms you did including sweating and poor sleep. I could go a few days without drinking, but when I did I drank until blacking out.

Twelve years ago I woke up from three day bender with pain where my liver is. It was time to give it up. I think you recognize it's time to sign off on booze too.

It's not easy and I fell off the wagon twice in the first few months. But, it is so liberating to be free of the bondage of alcohol addiction.

I started drinking when I was 16.  ALWAYS to excess...  Just like some of my family members did.

However, I somehow managed to kind of keep things barely together, but just barely.  Lost a few jobs, a few girlfriends, etc.  Many regrets.  A few minor legal issues that are now sealed.

It sucks...  I like to drink.  I just don't know when to stop.  That has always been the problem.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Fashionista"Have you tried to stop or at least control your alcohol consumption?

Once I managed to stop for a few days, and I felt like shit.  Been a consumer for 20 years, since my teens.

QuoteHow often do you drink?

Every day.  Never in the morning though...  Just in the evening.

QuoteDo you always drink alone?

Mostly.  A few years back, having a few drinks and driving wasn't as big of a deal as it is now...  Still had a couple of run-ins with the law, but nothing major.

Now, with the new rules (I'm probably one of the last individuals in Canada that utilized, successfully, the Carter defense when it was still available), I have more to lose, and as such try to keep my drinking at home.  This actually isn't a big problem for me to deal with, since my circle of friends is small, and always has been.  I've always been kind of a "loner."  I have a hard time making real "connections" with people, either sober or drunk.  This is my fault, and not theirs.

Renee

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "Renee"Mel doesn't want help. He has been crying about self destruction since long before his parents died AND his divorce took place a year or more ago. time to get OVER IT. In fact he didn't even know when his divorce was final. He was so disconnected from the process that he left everything up to his ex-wife.

That's bullshit.  My ex initiated the divorce, and it was her duty to inform me of the proceeding (as is required here).

She did not inform me of what was her legal responsibility, since she was, and still is, and unorganized twat that can't fill out a basic form of any type.  She truly is a stunned cunt, pardon my French.

Only when I went to the courthouse (NOTHING can be done over the phone here), since too much time had passed, did the clerk explain things to me.

Well, she was obviously organized enough to file for divorce, see it through and kick your alcoholic ass to the curb.

Say what you will about her but she must have something going for her upstairs if she was able to recognize that she was hooked up with a loser.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

smell the glove

Yes, Renee.  I was also the one that paid for it, so I also expected some sort of paper trail...

I did pay for it, though, since she could not.

I am not an asshole.  Any woman that wants to leave me, I will pay for that expense, which I did.  I even set her up in a furnished (by me) apartment, which I did not have to do.

Renee

Quote from: "smell the glove"Yes, Renee.  I was also the one that paid for it, so I also expected some sort of paper trail...

I did pay for it, though, since she could not.

I am not an asshole.  Any woman that wants to leave me, I will pay for that expense, which I did.  I even set her up in a furnished (by me) apartment, which I did not have to do.

Well the "asshole" part is arguable. But what you definitely are is a "sucker".

Here's a bit of advice....if a woman wants to leave, let her do it on her own. Dont pay for her shit unless it's court ordered as in cases where children are involved. Have some dignity FFS.

If a woman wants to bail on a relationship and can't stand on her own two feet in the process, then she wasn't worth being with in the first place. But there is the catch 22......a strong independent woman wouldn't want anything to do with a train wreck like you.....so I guess you're kinda fucked.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

JOE

Quote from: "cc la femme"This is not about you Joe

And thank you for your candor "Jock"ey. You have given mel some good real world experience to ponder.

Well it is about men in general, cc.

Some of us can control our liquor consumption.

Some can't.

I don't know why some guys can't control their liquor intake.

I have friends who are alcoholics, eh cc?

If I sit down with them, they start drinkin' offer me a beer.

By the time I finish one, they've finished 3.

And one evening with them, I drink 2 or 3 max.

They have 24, 36, 48. No shit man.

Cripes ifya drink with these guys, they'll drink you under the table.

Question is, why do they need to get sloshed to feel satisfied?

I don't. 2 or 3 is fine with me. That's it.

Worst part about these alkies is the conflict it creates in their relationships.

Just destroys marriages, etc. Their women are always upset with them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Admittedly though, the combo I find quite deadly is alchohol and a room full of beautiful women. Before you know it, the money's all gone. Its like having an vacuum cleaner to yer wallet. So I dunno which is the cause of such cash drainage, the alcohol or the women. Its kinda like the puzzle, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

I work with a femle version of you. She is nearly sixty snd she goes out to bars with guys 35 years or more her junior. Of course she gets attention from these guys when she is buying them drinks all night. Afterwards they are calling her a senile old fool just like young women are probably saying about you after you pay their bar tab.

Some people are so desperate for human interaction they will pay people to feign liking them.

Joe is being played for a sucker by women one third his age. I have seen it a million times.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Joe is being played for a sucker by women one third his age. I have seen it a million times.

Well Hermie, ya come across as a Modern Day Bluebeard, lockin' up yer Sweetie in some Saskatchewan Prairie Grain Elevator.

http://www.artsycraftsy.com/dore/dore_bluebeard.jpg">

I betcha don' even let 'er see the Light of Day, doya?

Personally, I think ya better keep 'er locked up there fer yer own good, Bud.

If she cam ta BC an' saw the West Coast, she might not wanna stay in that Icebox in Saskatchewan.

Better yet, keep 'er away from Ole Joe, cuz she might not come back ta ya after I show her a better time, Herm.  :wink:

Aryan

Herman keeps his teenage Thai bride locked away in his shed.  He refuses to even let his son see her for fear that she'll prefer the young buck to the dirty old goat.  :laugh3:

JOE

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Herman keeps his teenage Thai bride locked away in his shed.  He refuses to even let his son see her for fear that she'll prefer the young buck to the dirty old goat.  :laugh3:

:laugh:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview