Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Mass shootings are nothing new...

Started by smell the glove, June 16, 2016, 04:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"@iron horse jockey

Canada and the United States are not Hungary. We will never build fences to keep Muslims out. We are nations of immigrants.

I do not believe stricter gun control in both countries will stop jihadists who have no fear of dying. But, unlike banning Muslims it's at least doable. it's seen as acting. Like Fash, I see gun bans as being a response more to domestic violence or irresponsible owners who let their guns fall into the hands of children.  Some people should not own guns.....or cars. Besides, guns are just one way terrorists use to mow people down.

I think what Canada is doing now to fight radicalization works. Like that guy working for the RCMP that infiltrated terror cells in Canada and prevented the Via Rail bombing. Keep it up. We are doing a better job than the US and Europe.

PS

I am really surprised by some of your posts lately. I had you pegged as a low key guy who did not want to rock the boat.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Horsey said he was going to give us some time before he really got into the debates.  I'm glad to see him jumping right in :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "RW"I don't think it's a bad thing to make things harder for people to shoot up a place.

And here is where I disagree...

If people want to shoot, they shoot.

If they are limited to 10 rounds per mag, or five, it really makes no difference.

You'd be really shocked to know that ownership of .50 caliber Browning Machine Gun is perfectly legal here.

THIS is a round that can cause some ruffled feathers!~

I was told there is no limit for rimfire mags?

smell the glove

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I was told there is no limit for rimfire mags?

There isn't.

Rimfire long guns are exempt from these limitations.  You could throw on a 100 round drum-mag, if you want, provided you could ever find one that would work properly!