The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Flavors you savor in layers

Started by shin, June 28, 2016, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

What goes well with Russian black bread? I have Brie cheese and tapenade. Maybe something else?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

shin

One of my favorite sushi rolls includes tuna, yellowtail, eel, scallions, and avocado.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Frozen margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier "floated" on top.......

Well the frozen part floats...but you get my drift... ac_biggrin

">
One dip is salsa, what is the other kiebers?
It is tomato based red sauce. They have changed the recipe a little but it has a slight sweetness to it. Almost reminded me of tomato soup. They serve it cold as opposed to the salsa being warm. What was so good with the salsa is it had cooked down during the day and was much thicker than normal. The normal salsa I have tried to get them to put on the menu as a soup. I love that stuff...LOL
I thought the salsa looked thicker than normal..

Cold tomato soup though.

:yuk:

Anonymous

QuoteCold tomato soup though.

I don't like hot tomato soup, so I would really not like cold stuff.

kiebers

It has cumin and red pepper and I am sure other spices. They are a good combination, warm salsa and cool red sauce. I think you would like it Fash....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It has cumin and red pepper and I am sure other spices. They are a good combination, warm salsa and cool red sauce. I think you would like it Fash....

I would bet it's tasty.

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It has cumin and red pepper and I am sure other spices. They are a good combination, warm salsa and cool red sauce. I think you would like it Fash....

On second thought kiebers, maybe I should try it first before judging it.

shin

I think avocados and cumin go well together... and strangely enough, a salsa made with chunks of tomatoes and mango..

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I think avocados and cumin go well together... and strangely enough, a salsa made with chunks of tomatoes and mango..

Hello shin, I would think mango in salsa would add an interesting flavour.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"I think avocados and cumin go well together... and strangely enough, a salsa made with chunks of tomatoes and mango..

Hello shin, I would think mango in salsa would add an interesting flavour.

Hi Fash!  :howdy:  Preferrably, ripe mango. Some people like it a little premature when it has a more sour flavor.

shin

Has anyone here ever had beef Wellington?

kiebers

Ran across these. Thought they could add some interesting flavor surprises. Finger Limes. Squeeze out little pearls of juice. They call it a microcitrus. They say it is a cross between lemon and lime. Could go well in just about anything you use lemon/lime in.  About 1.5-2 inches long and a half inch or so in diameter.

http://i.imgur.com/0leej9R.jpg?1">

Renee

Quote from: "shin"Has anyone here ever had beef Wellington?

I have....prepared it a few times as well.....it kind of a pain in the ass.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Has anyone here ever had beef Wellington?

It is delicious.