Replies: 8529
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:29:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Flavors you savor in layers

Started by shin, June 28, 2016, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

What flavor combinations go well together, from your personal experience?

Any ideas from common ones to pregnancy cravings are up for discussion

cc

I'm not pregnant, but do enjoy going through the motions

cheese / tomato / pepperoni

open face or closed with dense buttered then horizontally  toasted whole grain bread ... so I guess you can add margarine & dense whole grain toast to that
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I am not pregnant either.

Rum, vodka and tequila or gin is a nice flavor combo.

Anonymous

There are so many flavour combinations besides Neopolitan ice cream..

-Fish sauce, lime and brown sugar

-scallions, ginger and garlic

- plain yoghurt, cucumber and dill

-lime, cilantro and jalapeno

-Dijon mustard, honey and cayenne

-chipotle chillies, oregano leaves and cumin

Annie

BLT, crispy bacon, thick sliced tomato, lot's of crisp romaine or butter lettuce on whole wheat toasted with a little mayo and pepper.  ac_smile  Great topic!  :thumbup:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Cheese, tomato sauce, pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, pasta...
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Toothpaste and orange juice are always a big favourite of mine!

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"There are so many flavour combinations besides Neopolitan ice cream..

-Fish sauce, lime and brown sugar

-scallions, ginger and garlic

- plain yoghurt, cucumber and dill

-lime, cilantro and jalapeno

-Dijon mustard, honey and cayenne

-chipotle chillies, oregano leaves and cumin

Plain yoghurt, cucumber and dill is similar to the Ukrainian soul food I was raised on and is still a favorite treat to this day.

Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "shin"What flavor combinations go well together, from your personal experience?

Any ideas from common ones to pregnancy cravings are up for discussion

Chicken breast with a sauce made of Marsala and sliced Portobello mushrooms over a bed of hot vermicelli.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Simple flavour combinatons work best for me. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Some fresh baked crusty Italian bread to go with it.

kiebers

Frozen margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier "floated" on top.......

Well the frozen part floats...but you get my drift... ac_biggrin

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Frozen margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier "floated" on top.......

">
One dip is salsa, what is the other kiebers?

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Frozen margarita with Patron and Grand Marnier "floated" on top.......

">
One dip is salsa, what is the other kiebers?
It is tomato based red sauce. They have changed the recipe a little but it has a slight sweetness to it. Almost reminded me of tomato soup. They serve it cold as opposed to the salsa being warm. What was so good with the salsa is it had cooked down during the day and was much thicker than normal. The normal salsa I have tried to get them to put on the menu as a soup. I love that stuff...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone