Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Its warm today in Vancouver....August 25, 2016

Started by JOE, August 25, 2016, 08:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

.....27 F or 80 - 84 F. Maybe 90F+ inland.

Now I suppose that's pretty mild by the standards everywhere else.

But by the JOE standard, it feels pretty hot.

Thing is, it doesn't feel very comfortable in Vancouver when it gets that warm. Muggy, humid.

There's dry comfortable heat and then there's wet heat.

Not much for the latter I'm afraid. I think that's what we got today in Vancouver.

Oh well, just grin 'n bear it.

What's the summer temperature like where you live ttoday?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE".....27 F or 80 - 84 F. Maybe 90F+ inland.

Now I suppose that's pretty mild by the standards everywhere else.

But by the JOE standard, it feels pretty hot.

Thing is, it doesn't feel very comfortable in Vancouver when it gets that warm. Muggy, humid.

There's dry comfortable heat and then there's wet heat.

Not much for the latter I'm afraid. I think that's what we got today in Vancouver.

Oh well, just grin 'n bear it.

What's the summer temperature like where you live today?

You're delicate.

Anonymous

It's been a muggy summer in the Peg. Same in Kenora where I take trains too.

Renee

It's supposed to be 92 F today and humid but here by the Atlantic, it will probably be in the high 80s and the humidity will be lower. There is always a nice breeze coming off the ocean to stir up the air.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"It's supposed to be 92 F today and humid but here by the Atlantic, it will probably be in the high 80s and the humidity will be lower. There is always a nice breeze coming off the ocean to stir up the air.

It's been a hotter than normal summer after a milder than normal winter..

Farmer's Almanac is predicting a chilly winter though.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"It's supposed to be 92 F today and humid but here by the Atlantic, it will probably be in the high 80s and the humidity will be lower. There is always a nice breeze coming off the ocean to stir up the air.

Our winter was colder than usual and dry. We didn't have much snow at all. I didn't even get a chance to put my truck in 4 wheel drive.

It's been slightly warmer than a typical mid Atlantic  summer but nothing too out of the ordinary.  It would be nice if we had a little more rain. Jersey summers are always hot and for the most part humid but I'll take them over the damp mold factory weather of the Pacific Northwest any day. I don't understand how anyone can survive in that kind of climate unless you are half frog.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Our winter was colder than usual and dry. We didn't have much snow at all. I didn't even get a chance to put my truck in 4 wheel drive.

It's been slightly warmer than a typical mid Atlantic  summer but nothing too out of the ordinary.  It would be nice if we had a little more rain. Jersey summers are always hot and for the most part humid but I'll take them over the damp mold factory weather of the Pacific Northwest any day. I don't understand how anyone can survive in that kind of climate unless you are half frog.

In Canada, people think the West coast has the best winter weather. I strongly disagree. Vancouver is depressing in winter. Victoria is marginally better. The interior of BC has the best weather in summer and winter as far as I am concerned. South West Saskatchewan is hot and dry in summer and windy year round.

Anonymous

What a difference a day makes. It was chilly in Kenora.

Anonymous

The temps have been normal to slightly above. but with all the rain we've had it's been fucking humid this summer.