The best topic

Replies: 10553
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 27 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

And to be able to do that job properly on an anonymous forum, you cannot become "friends" with posters.

RW and Mimi conversing on the phone leisurely with Oscar is a good example...  RW wanting to Skype with clowns like Kreeper...  With Renee.

This taints a productive and working relationship, when you want to run and maintain a working anonymous board.  This ISN'T a FaceBook page for 'Friends Only.'  Yet, some posters cannot grasp that.  They do not WANT to grasp that fact.

They want to ruin the very essence of an anonymous board, by THINKING they are doing the right thing, when in fact they are not.

Yes...  I have Moderated forums before.  My advice comes free.  Take it as you will...

Odinson

Quote from: "Annie"Odi, you dream of glory holes?  ac_razz

I dream of your gloryholes baby.  :laugh3:

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"
Quotethat solves nothing.... which is the point i'm making. you're an open board.... anybody who wants to read it, can read it.... if safety is really a concern, lock it the fuck up.... i'm not defending eddie and other stalkers, i'm saying theres not alot that admin can do to stop em....

If there is a stalker in the community and good posters are leaving because of him, he is gone immediately. It is such a no brainer, even a frickin troll like you should be able to grasp that.

The community? Must be bloody cold up there? What a cheeseball. :t1929:

JOE

......Kahbuzz, thea's just way too much censorship on this board!

Waaay too much! And I know who's responsible!

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "fleamailman"
Quote from: "kiebers"Still boils down to, don't like it don't read it. If there is something wrong with him posting what he does then I will submit there are drunk, repetitive, condescending posts from someone else here that quite a few don't like either. What, when and where..........

"...feel free to delete what you like of mine whenever and without warning too, I'm easy..." smiled the goblin adding "...most folks find my posts hard to read at first, just like those thumbtexts are to angry old dudes, but after awhile they get used to it and don't even notice, afterwhich the advantage is that it hides my age, I mean what is the point of being anonymous now if the gap between the way one writes something and way it should be written gives the game away..." asked the goblin then adding "...if on this internet you write like everyone else than like everyone else is all that it'll be, now close your eyes and recall the usernames of the those forums you frequent today and those have frequented through the years till now, where my bet there are so many usernames you can't quite remember clearly, ah but see if you can forget having conversed with a goblin now...", but that was just the goblin for you, somehow he always suspected that there was a reason for most things people did, yet until he knew the nature to the game itself he never advised upon the way to play it lest he'd look stupid in the ineptness

http://www.writerscafe.org/uploads/rte/999d32ff0719a7d4675d2ea7654523f5.jpg">

Nothing needs to be deleted. Everything is cool with me. No rules, real or imagined, have been broken. I am enjoying your contributions.

kiebers

Quote from: "JOE"......Kahbuzz, thea's just way too much censorship on this board!

Waaay too much! And I know who's responsible!

.....oh well
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Annie

Quote from: "Odinson"

I dream of your gloryholes baby.  :laugh3:[/quote

:ohmy:  ac_biggrin
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Odinson"

I dream of your gloryholes baby.  :laugh3:[/quote

:ohmy:  ac_biggrin

ac_biggrin How many presents did you get?

Annie

I got some nice comfy slippers, a glass food storage set, a pacman piggy bank and chocolate liquers  ac_biggrin  What did you get?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

Quote from: "Annie"I got some nice comfy slippers, a glass food storage set, a pacman piggy bank and chocolate liquers  ac_biggrin  What did you get?

2 presents of something... I havent opened them..

:laugh:

Did you get bunny slippers? Those are the best slippers.   ac_biggrin

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Annie

Aww Burt, I'd give you a great big hug and a nice warm pair of slippers  acc_hugz

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Blurt"Says a guy who's never modded a forum in his life.  ac_unsure

I've actually modded forums before.

DiscoverVancouver being one forum that you may have heard about.

I did the job well, IMHO.  Very few posters, if any, could with legitimate claim, come forth then, or today, and state that I ever abused the panel, or posters.

My job was to enforce the TOS, and to also ensure the board was acceptable to the masses in general.  I have a low tolerance for spam, and always encouraged fresh material.

I don't like cronyism, favouritism, selective moderating, nor anything else of that matter.  Yes, sometimes you make judgement calls, but I can honestly say that I stepped away without regretting any decision.

I've stated this before...  It's not the posters that are the biggest issue...  It's the people that you're moderating with who are.

That's why I will never Mod a forum again...  I see cronyism and selective moderating happening.  It's always happened.  Now, imagine having to "work" with these other mods (cough, Evs, Mimi, et al), and having to sit back and watch them do things that are completely against my own morals and judgements.

Now you can understand why I won't ever do that job again.

Well said DSM ......*COUGH* i mean AWM !  :laugh:
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"Well said DSM ......*COUGH* i mean AWM !  :laugh:

Sorry KAM...  You and the crew appeared much later...

I can assure you I am not DSM.

DV exists no longer as it was.

Angry White Male

And I'll tell you one more fucking thing...

Vin had a complaint with Google Ads, and we had to clean up fast, to satisfy Google Ads.  Fair enough, as these things do happen...

It was just to be temporary, to get things somewhat clean for Google.

Where was my "Mod Team" then?  Doing fucking nothing.  I had to temporarily ban "EED," since he wasn't able to listen to my three fucking warnings that "Let's Kill All Muslims" wasn't going to fly as a thread title.

Eves had the nerve to feel sad that I had to temp ban her little pet for like 24 hours.  Mimi did nothing.

Yeah?  Where were my "brothers and sisters" when the shit was going down quick?

That's right... They were complaining about EED's temporary time out, and did NOTHING to get the board to pass Google Ads temporarily...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview