Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

My Brain...

Started by Angry White Male, July 17, 2016, 06:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

My brain is fucking lost...

I've tried to sleep for the last two hours.

I cannot.

I'm fucking sick.

Angry White Male

I feel for all you junkies needing another hit, but alcohol is the worst of them all...

I need a little rest...

20 years of heavy drinking...  Every single day.  I think it changed my brain!

Angry White Male

And you wonder how I can consume every drug known to man, with no ill effect?

I can.  And I have.

I always choose one.  And only one.

If my ex cunt had said something along the lines of, "hey, we'll work through this!"  Or even "I believe in you."  Any of these trashy slogans...

It would have meant more than her just taking my money, and then getting pissed off when I spoke my mind.

I really want out.  More than anyone here could ever even imagine.

Angry White Male

Renee

Aside from the loss of brain cells, the effect on your liver cannot be denied no matter how much you claim that there are no ill effects.

"The truth is, alcohol and your liver don't mix. For some people, consuming as little as one glass of wine or beer a day can cause liver problems to develop."

http://loveyourliver.com.au/alcohol/">//http://loveyourliver.com.au/alcohol/

You are deluding yourself if you think the only thing effected is your mind. The effects on your brain and personality may be the most obvious damage but the worst is the unseen portion.

Far be it for me to council someone regarding bad habits or addiction but if you have been drinking heavily for 20 years, you are well on your way to death by cirrhosis.....no joke.

The idea that you are somehow immune to the detrimental physical effects of alcoholism is ridiculous. I would be willing to bet real money that delusional lie is something every DEAD rummy has told themselves at one point or another.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Angry White Male

I detoxed myself today, to probably around 70% of full rigour and vitality...

Sweated and shitted out all the toxins throughout the course of the day.  Tonight, I go easier, to tone down.

As bad as alcohol withdrawl can be (one of the few substances that that can actually kill you during the withdrawl), it is a relatively quick withdrawl.  Two, three days tops, to get back to normalcy.

I need to ease back, as I am recently close to suffering from DT's, no doubt.

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I detoxed myself today, to probably around 70% of full rigour and vitality...

Sweated and shitted out all the toxins throughout the course of the day.  Tonight, I go easier, to tone down.

As bad as alcohol withdrawl can be (one of the few substances that that can actually kill you during the withdrawl), it is a relatively quick withdrawl.  Two, three days tops, to get back to normalcy.

What's a detox for you?........drink a 12 pack of Lowenbrau and give yourself the bad beer shits? :001_rolleyes:

Stop the bullshit, it takes more than 2 days to detox an alcoholic. The symptoms of alcohol withdrawal don't even peak until about 5 days after your last drink and if you are still drinking, even in small quantities, you aren't detoxing shit.

You're acting delusional....... again.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

JOE

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I feel for all you junkies needing another hit, but alcohol is the worst of them all...

I need a little rest...

20 years of heavy drinking...  Every single day.  I think it changed my brain!

Yup, sure has. Its altered your brain chemistry such that being sloshed most of the time is your 'New Normal'.

You should've cut back 10-15 years ago, Mel.

I used to drink like that in college. But after my 20s, I cut back considerably.

I think I drank my last 6/12 pack in one sitting in my 30s.

Then I realized I wasn't young anymore.

But I was never an alcoholic. I just quit like that.

I didn't like binge drinking anymore. I outgrew it.

Just like smoking which I also quit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I detoxed myself today, to probably around 70% of full rigour and vitality...

I thought you need to quit drinking to get the DT's?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought you need to quit drinking to get the DT's?

It's best to taper off slowly, over a few days.

Surprisingly, it doesn't take long to taper off of the booze, compared to other drugs.  Just a few days.

My consumption isn't quite at the level that could produce serious ramifications should I quit cold turkey, but I can feel it was getting close...

Angry White Male

I have done this before, so I know what I speak of.

It's all good.

Angry White Male

And I will add this... NEVER go to a Doctor for help in this situation.  They don't know what to do, or won't do what they need to do.

They'll tell you to go to AA.  That's it!  I'm serious!

I once quit, and thought that Valium (or a related benzo) would help, since it is part of the treatment.

Forget it.  Just taper down on your own, if you can.  I had to visit 10 different Doctors, before I found one that was willing to work with me, and prescribed me Valium.

Angry White Male

And I'll add one more thing to my post above^^^...

Most Doctor's just don't know...  I say, I need some Valium to ease off.

They say NO, "you'll get addicted to Valium!"  They have also said to me, NO, "You may try to kill yourself with Valium and Booze!"

Both are valid arguments from their side.  However, when an alcoholic takes the time to make an appointment, comes to the appointment, and explains the situation, I am quite sure their knowledge of the matter is relevant...

Addicted to Valium?  Give me a fucking break.  You haven't even prescribed it yet!

Use it to "kill myself?"  Give me a fucking break.  There are 1001 ways that I could kill myself, that DON'T require me begging a Doctor for some Valium.

Useless!  Just taper down...

Angry White Male

I've been through it all.  I have tried every angle, and every suggestion.

Canada is VERY lacking in any real understanding of this...  

For those suffering any sort of non-emergency problem?  Don't even bother...

Deal with the problem yourself, if you can.

Taper down...

Renee

The above posts are called "alcoholic denial". AND it's common to every rummy that refuses to accept responsibility for themselves.

Its no surprise that Mel is protesting his condition so vehemently........If it wasn't asshole Mel we were talking about, I would feel sorry for the poor dumb slob. :nea:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview