Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

this is sickening

Started by Anonymous, July 21, 2016, 09:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

North Miami police shoot an autistic man's caregiver in the leg while he was laying on the ground with his hands in the air. :swoon:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPXPJ55rxw

Twenty Dollars

It is sickening. Seems to happen frequently. At the same time, it's not easy being a Police Officer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"It is sickening. Seems to happen frequently. At the same time, it's not easy being a Police Officer.

My younger brother is a policeman in rural Manitoba..

It is not an easy job to do..

Where my brother lives, he is more like a social/outreach worker..

Renee's father is a retired policeman, so she knows how tough the job is..

But, there is no excuse for this..

I hope the officer who fired the shot is charged.

JOE

As in the Minneapolis incident, why can't the police taser these suspects?

Why are they so reluctant to user a taser?

If a partner aims the gun at the suspect while the one with the taser administers the electrical charge, then the suspects is momentarily subdued. But at least they don't end up dead, injured or wthout a leg.

Or is there something lacking in a tazer which makes it ineffective?

Clue me in, as I'm not familiar with police/suspect procedures.

What would your brother say about the use of tazers as opposed to guns, Fashionista?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"North Miami police shoot an autistic man's caregiver in the leg while he was laying on the ground with his hands in the air. :swoon:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPXPJ55rxw
That's hard to watch without getting angered.

Anonymous

What the hell were the cops thinking?

Renee

Some people simply should not be cops. With tensions running so understandably high incidents like this are almost unavoidable.....over reaction on the part of the police because their nerves are on edge coupled with aggression toward the police is volatile combination.

To answer Joe....not all officers are issued tazers and not all officers when they arrive on the scene, have back-up or partners. Sometimes a cop has to make a snap judgement call.....sometimes that judgement call is not the right one and it turns out bad......

Cops a human beings just like the rest of us, sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes their brain runs faster than their training and they do the wrong thing. But for every bad decision made, there are thousands of good decisions made by policemen every day.

In my youth, I wanted desperately to be a cop. But in the current social climate I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole. Being a cop means you are putting your life on the line for public safety because you give a crap about people and the society you live in. They do it for mediocre pay and and almost no thanks for the people they protect. The good ones do it almost solely out of a sense of duty to society and their fellow man.

In my opinion cops, firefighters, ems workers and all forms of so called first responders deserve the utmost respect....They do the indispensable jobs that no one else wants to do or can do. Without them, society would completely fucked.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Some people simply should not be cops. With tensions running so understandably high incidents like this are almost unavoidable.....over reaction on the part of the police because their nerves are on edge coupled with aggression toward the police is volatile combination.

To answer Joe....not all officers are issued tazers and not all officers when they arrive on the scene, have back-up or partners. Sometimes a cop has to make a snap judgement call.....sometimes that judgement call is not the right one and it turns out bad......

Cops a human beings just like the rest of us, sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes their brain runs faster than their training and they do the wrong thing. But for every bad decision made, there are thousands of good decisions made by policemen every day.

In my youth, I wanted desperately to be a cop. But in the current social climate I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole. Being a cop means you are putting your life on the line for public safety because you give a crap about people and the society you live in. They do it for mediocre pay and and almost no thanks for the people they protect. The good ones do it almost solely out of a sense of duty to society and their fellow man.

In my opinion cops, firefighters, ems workers and all forms of so called first responders deserve respect....They do the indispensable jobs that no one else wants to do or can do. Without them, society would completely fucked.

The pay and perks for cops here in Canada are pretty good I think.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"Some people simply should not be cops. With tensions running so understandably high incidents like this are almost unavoidable.....over reaction on the part of the police because their nerves are on edge coupled with aggression toward the police is volatile combination.

In my opinion cops, firefighters, ems workers and all forms of so called first responders deserve respect....They do the indispensable jobs that no one else wants to do or can do. Without them, society would completely fucked.

I think the latest figures show that on average a patrolman in the US makes around $49,000 a year base salary. Considering most department want their officers to be college educated or have military service under their belt, that's pretty crappy wages. Then add in the possibility of being assaulted, maligned, or even killed in the line of duty and it gets doubly shitty.

I think in my dad's day (1975) he started for around $18,000 a year as a full-time cop. When he retired in 2005 he was making well over 100 thousand a year but that was after overtime, 30 years in, and at a lieutenants pay grade.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I think the latest figures show that on average a patrolman in the US makes around $49,000 a year base salary. Considering most department want their officers to be college educated or have military service under their belt, that's pretty crappy wages. Then add in the possibility of being assaulted, maligned, or even killed in the line of duty and it gets doubly shitty.

I think in my dad's day (1975) he started for around $18,000 a year as a full-time cop. When he retired in 2005 he was making well over 100 thousand a year but that was after overtime, 30 years in, and at a lieutenants pay grade.

The pay for first year cops is definitely higher here in Canada. I knew a derrick hand that left the rigs three years ago to be a Saskatoon city cop. He only had a high school diploma.

Anonymous

Edmonton Police Service annual salary schedule

Rank                          Annual*   

1st Year Constable   $61 134   

2nd Year Constable   $64 784   

3rd Year Constable   $75 733   

4th Year Constable   $83 033   

5th Year Constable   $91 245    

Sr. Constable, Level I

(8 Years Complete)   $97 632   

Sr. Constable, Level II

(11 Years Complete)   $99 457   

Sergeant /Detective   $109 494

Staff Sergeant          $120 443

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Edmonton Police Service annual salary schedule

Sr. Constable, Level I

Sr. Constable, Level II

They make a lot more than that with overtime which is paid at double time. Plus they get more annual vacation time than what is standard in the private sector. They also get a certain number of paid sick days that can be banked or paid out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

The pay for first year cops is definitely higher here in Canada. I knew a derrick hand that left the rigs three years ago to be a Saskatoon city cop. He only had a high school diploma.

That is the bare minimum requirement. However, they would be competing against people with a degree in criminology and military reserve experience.

Only a high school diploma? Good fucking luck making the cut.

JOE

Wouldn't want any of those jobs.

Policemen/women pay a high price to be who they are.

Look at Mr. Crowley. By the end of their careers, they're often burnt out nervous wrecks suffering from a bad case of PTSD.

As the saying goes, a policeman never owns his badge and uniform, it owns him.

Sr. Constable, Level I

Sr. Constable, Level II

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"Wouldn't want any of those jobs.

Policemen/women pay a high price to be who they are.

Look at Mr. Crowley. By the end of their careers, they're often burnt out nervous wrecks suffering from a bad case of PTSD.

As the saying goes, a policeman never owns his badge and uniform, it owns him.

Sr. Constable, Level I

Sr. Constable, Level II

I will probably regret this, but what about Mr Crowley?