Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Chinese spring rolls

INGREDIENTS

2 lbs ground lean pork

PORK MARINADE

2 tablespoons cornstarch

2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

2 tablespoons dry sherry

1 teaspoon salt

VEGETABLES FOR FILLING

10 -12 cups cabbage, shredded

12 ounces carrots, shredded

1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, squeezed of excess moisture and shredded

8 -10 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in boiling water, squeezed and shredded

1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced

BINDER FOR FILLING

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 teaspoon sugar

1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper

4 tablespoons soy sauce

1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil

1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry

WRAPPERS

50 spring roll wrappers, paper-thin wheat-based, thawed if frozen. Wei-Chan brand recommended

SEALER FOR ROLLS

4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

6 tablespoons water

OIL FOR FRYING

1 quart vegetable oil

DIPPING SAUCE

2 tablespoons hot sauce, Frank's or Durkee brand recommended

3 tablespoons soy sauce

3 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon rice vinegar

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon dry sherry

DIRECTIONS

Mix marinade ingredients well. Add pork. Mix well and marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.

Saute cabbage and carrots in 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok until crisp-tender. Alternately, steam vegetables in a bamboo steamer until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes). Spread out on a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan and put in refrigerator (or freezer, if you're in a hurry) until thoroughly cold. Saute meat in wok in 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until no longer pink. Continue to saute until all moisture/juices have evaporated. Meat should appear dry. Spread out on another cookie sheet or jellyroll pan and put in refrigerator (or freezer, if you're in a hurry) until thoroughly cold. Stir together cooled meat, binder mixture, cooled cabbage and carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and green onions. Mix well. Make sure filling is cool to the touch.

Combine sealer ingredients and mix until smooth. Place one wrapper on the counter with a point facing toward you, so the wrapper looks diamond-shaped, not square. Place a small amount of filling, about 1/4 cup, about 1/3 of the way up on on the wrapper. roll the wrapper tightly, tucking in the sides, to form a narrow finished roll about 1/2 to 2/3 inch in diameter. Seal the roll by brushing the triangle end flap with sealer for about the last 1-1/2 to 2 inches. Keep finished rolls under a damp towel or a couple of damp paper towels. Can be refrigerated or frozen at the point. For long term storage in freezer, put rolls in plastic bags.

To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients and stir well. To make the alternate dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring until smooth. Strain and cool.

Heat 1 quart vegetable oil in wok to about 350 degrees. Add rolls one at a time. Do not crowd. Cook in batches of 8 to 10 until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Regulate heat as necessary to maintain temperature. Don't let temperature go over 375 degrees. Cut in half diagonally and serve warm with a Chinese mustard for dipping and one of the soy-sauce based dipping sauces listed above. Cutting the rolls in half diagonally facilitates absorption of the sauce into the filling when the roll is dipped. Also, it makes the rolls go farther and be easier for people to handle at a party, etc. Cooled rolls can be reheated at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, wrapped in foil.

https://asianinspirations.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Spring-roll.jpg">

Looks yummy Priscilla.

priscilla1961

Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup

INGREDIENTS

Marinade

3 (700 grams) chicken bone-in, skin-on chicken thigh, chicken leg, or boneless skinless thigh (*see footnote 1)

1 teaspoon grated ginger

2 cloves garlic, grated

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine

1/4 teaspoon grated black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

Chicken stew

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 whole star anise

3 to 4 tablespoons doubanjiang (Chinese fermented spicy chili bean paste), depending on your preferred level of spiciness

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated or ground

1 daikon radish (or potato, or broccoli), chopped

2 small carrots, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Combine chicken, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, black pepper and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until warm. Add star anise, doubanjiang and nutmeg powder. Turn to medium low heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute.

3. Add chicken and mix so that both sides are coated with the sauce. Cook and flip occasionally, until both sides turn golden brown. While browning the chicken, stir the sauce frequently to prevent burning.

4. Add 1 cup of water, the daikon radish, and the carrot. Turn to medium heat. Bring to a boil. Turn to medium low heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover, flip chicken, and mix the radish and carrot with the sauce. Cover and continue to cook until juice runs clean when poking the thickest part with a chopstick, for 5 to 10 minutes.

5. While simmering the chicken. Add 4 cups of water to another big pot (*see footnote 2). Add noodles and cook according to the instructions.

6. Transfer cooked noodles with noodle soup into the bowls you'll serve them in. Add a few spoonfuls of sauce from the chicken stew. Top with chicken, radish, and carrot. Garnish with green onion.

https://omnivorescookbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/1510_Spicy-Chicken-Noodle-Soup_002.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Blazor"It is soup season :)

:confused1:

Blazor

Quote from: "priscilla1961"

That time of year for soup  ac_smile

I like soup in the winter but not the summer.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Blazor"

:33es8qb_th:

Blazor

:33es8qb_th:

:laugh:

Anonymous

Stop hitting on Mommy. ac_razz

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Stop hitting on Mommy. ac_razz

Dont be jealous  ac_razz

lol

Anonymous

I'm making a spicy Sichuan style turkey stir fry tonight..

Broccoli, garlic, an onion, snap peas, cayenne peppers, ginger, hoisin sauce, and white and dark turkey cut into small  pieces..

Served with rice.

priscilla1961

Steamed Pork Dumplings in Chicken Broth

Ingredients

1 pound ground pork

5 spring onions (2 finely chopped, 3 sliced, to garnish)

2 1/2 ounces water chestnuts (drained, chopped)

2/3 inch fresh ginger (finely grated)

2 cloves garlic (minced)

3 teaspoons soy sauce

2 teaspoons sweet sherry

1 teaspoon sesame oil

30 wonton wrappers

5 cups chicken stock

1/4 chinese cabbage (finely shredded)

3 1/2 ounces shiitake (thinly sliced)

1 bunch baby bok choy (leaves separated)

Order ingredients now onInstacart

Directions

1 Combine ground pork, finely chopped onions, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.

2 Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp filing. Brush edges with a little water then pinch together to seal. Arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a clean tea towel and chill until required.

3 Bring 4 cups stock and 1 cup water to a boil in a large wok. Line 2 bamboo steamer baskets with parchment paper. Arrange wontons in a single layer. Stack baskets, cover and place over boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and steam wontons for 4-5 mins.

4 Carefully remove baskets from wok. Add cabbage, mushrooms and bok choy to stock. Rotate baskets so that top basket is now on the bottom. Cover and return to wok. Steam for 5-7 mins, until wontons are cooked through.

5 Remove baskets. Add remaining stock to wok and bring to a boil. Divide wontons between serving bowls. Ladle broth and vegetables over top. Serve garnished with sliced spring onions.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/0zYYI8tyfL_LZx566fD53Lyv8Bk=/700x0/smart/http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FImages%2FKitchen%2F2011%2F09%2F22%2F11%2F35%2Fsteam-dumplings.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Steamed Pork Dumplings in Chicken Broth

Ingredients

1 pound ground pork

5 spring onions (2 finely chopped, 3 sliced, to garnish)

2 1/2 ounces water chestnuts (drained, chopped)

2/3 inch fresh ginger (finely grated)

2 cloves garlic (minced)

3 teaspoons soy sauce

2 teaspoons sweet sherry

1 teaspoon sesame oil

30 wonton wrappers

5 cups chicken stock

1/4 chinese cabbage (finely shredded)

3 1/2 ounces shiitake (thinly sliced)

1 bunch baby bok choy (leaves separated)

Order ingredients now onInstacart

Directions

1 Combine ground pork, finely chopped onions, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.

2 Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp filing. Brush edges with a little water then pinch together to seal. Arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with a clean tea towel and chill until required.

3 Bring 4 cups stock and 1 cup water to a boil in a large wok. Line 2 bamboo steamer baskets with parchment paper. Arrange wontons in a single layer. Stack baskets, cover and place over boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and steam wontons for 4-5 mins.

4 Carefully remove baskets from wok. Add cabbage, mushrooms and bok choy to stock. Rotate baskets so that top basket is now on the bottom. Cover and return to wok. Steam for 5-7 mins, until wontons are cooked through.

5 Remove baskets. Add remaining stock to wok and bring to a boil. Divide wontons between serving bowls. Ladle broth and vegetables over top. Serve garnished with sliced spring onions.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/0zYYI8tyfL_LZx566fD53Lyv8Bk=/700x0/smart/http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FImages%2FKitchen%2F2011%2F09%2F22%2F11%2F35%2Fsteam-dumplings.jpg">

Very nice Priscilla.

priscilla1961

Chinese hot pot

Ingredients

1 3.75-ounce package cellophane (bean thread) or thin rice noodles

1 tablespoon olive oil

8 ounces shiitake or other mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced

6 cups vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth

2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger

1 teaspoon chili sauce or hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)

4 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced

4 carrots, thinly sliced

8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces

How to Make It

Step 1

Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and cut into 3-inch lengths.

Step 2

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.

Step 3

Add the broth, soy sauce, ginger, and chili sauce (if desired) and combine. Bring to a boil.

Step 4

Add the scallions, carrots, and green beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.

Step 5

Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup over the top.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqO6TeEAYKyo4QHx0Crg1WKT-V4A0tf2aVHiJ1jfXQW7XSHhle">

priscilla1961

Sweet and Sour Fish

What You'll Need

1 pound fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, or sea bass)

4 ounces mangetout (snow peas)

1 red bell pepper

1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped)

2 tablespoons green onions (chopped diagonally)

2 to 4 cups oil (for deep-frying)

For the Marinade:

1 teaspoon salt

1 large egg white

1 tablespoon cornstarch

For the Sauce:

1 cup chicken broth

1 tablespoon light soy sauce

1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)

2 tablespoons tomato paste

3 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red or white wine)

3 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)

How to Make It

1. Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry. Cut into 2-inch squares. Add the fish to the marinade ingredients, using your fingers to mix the ingredients and adding the cornstarch last. Marinate the fish for 15 minutes.

2. While the fish is marinating, prepare the sauce and vegetables. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, tomato paste, vinegar, and sugar. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.

3. Blanch the snow peas in boiling water until they turn bright green. Plunge briefly in cold water. Drain thoroughly. Cut the bell pepper in half, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.

4. Heat the oil to between 360 and 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the marinated fish cubes. Deep-fry until they are golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.

5.​ Remove all but 2 tablespoons oil from the wok. Add the ginger and green onion and stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the snow peas. Stir fry for a minute and add the red bell peppers.

6. Push the vegetables up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and water mixture, stirring to thicken. Serve the fish on a platter, covered with the sweet and sour sauce and vegetables.

https://fthmb.tqn.com/fU8kJYBQLyem2FSHzjL6HtJ7T7w=/960x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/135595065-56a1437a5f9b58b7d0bd99cb.jpg">

priscilla1961

Chinese Radish and Chicken Soup

Ingredients

1 whole chicken

2 chinese radish

3 carrots

A tablespoon of wolfberries

A tablespoon of apricot kernels

2 litres of water

Salt to taste

Instructions

Prepare the chicken

Soak the wolfberries and apricot kernels in room temperature water

Start boiling the water.

Cut the carrots and Chinese radish into pieces (if serving children, chop into bite-sized cubes)

When the water boils, combine all ingredients

Bring to a full boil

Boil on medium heat for at least 1.5 hours

Serve and enjoy!

https://chinasichuanfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/corn-soup-24.jpg">