Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

We are moving at the end of the month

Started by Anonymous, August 18, 2016, 10:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Just so you guys have a bit of a heads up...

At some point in the very near future, things will be moving over to the new host and site.  

There will be a short outage while this database gets dumped and uploaded to the new site.  The switch should take under 30 minutes.  You will get a message on this board keeping you up to date on what is happening.  Once complete, this site will redirect you to the new site.

[size=150]You do not need to do anything differently to participate at the Cashew's new home. [/size]

When the time comes, just update your bookmark to the new site URL. All the same users, posts, sub-forums, rules, settings, etc, will be exactly the same.  

You will NOT need to re-register.

If you have any questions, please ask.  

No, you can't have the new URL yet until it goes live. ;)

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

shin

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "kiebers"He will never completely understand everything. It's just impossible for him.

I'm convinced it's done on purpose. Joe is a pain in the ass troll who delights in redirecting threads with his contrived lack of comprehension.

The truth is, for the most part, forums like this one no longer attract new, bright, intelligent and engaging posters. There are more convenient and engaging venues for those types of people to spend their internet time. These places attract wackos, morons, weirdos and above all trolls. They are little more than bastions of idiocy, childishness and malice.

Personally if it were up to me, I would do my best to shit can the garbage during the move and start fresh under a new name as well as address.

But it's not up to me and I wish the Administration here lots of luck in their new digs. I however will not be there to see it. I've made a decision to end this chapter of my online life as soon as the move takes place. As someone reminded me, it's been at least a decade since I first started posting on these Canadian based forums. At this point, I think I've ridden this horse as far as I care to go.

I would like to say "thank you" to everyone that has made it a pleasant journey and those of you who haven't made it so pleasant......well what can I say to you that I haven't already said many times?

Who knows, maybe somewhere down the road our paths will cross again. I'm sure there are those of you who will keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't. :laugh3:

Are you sure you won't reconsider? I'm going to miss your keen insight and venomous retorts.  ac_crying

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "kiebers"He will never completely understand everything. It's just impossible for him.

I'm convinced it's done on purpose. Joe is a pain in the ass troll who delights in redirecting threads with his contrived lack of comprehension.

The truth is, for the most part, forums like this one no longer attract new, bright, intelligent and engaging posters. There are more convenient and engaging venues for those types of people to spend their internet time. These places attract wackos, morons, weirdos and above all trolls. They are little more than bastions of idiocy, childishness and malice.

Personally if it were up to me, I would do my best to shit can the garbage during the move and start fresh under a new name as well as address.

But it's not up to me and I wish the Administration here lots of luck in their new digs. I however will not be there to see it. I've made a decision to end this chapter of my online life as soon as the move takes place. As someone reminded me, it's been at least a decade since I first started posting on these Canadian based forums. At this point, I think I've ridden this horse as far as I care to go.

I would like to say "thank you" to everyone that has made it a pleasant journey and those of you who haven't made it so pleasant......well what can I say to you that I haven't already said many times?

Who knows, maybe somewhere down the road our paths will cross again. I'm sure there are those of you who will keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't. :laugh3:

Are you sure you won't reconsider? I'm going to miss your keen insight and venomous retorts.  ac_crying

Hopefully she will drop by once in a while.

ac_smile

BlobOfHate

As a long standing member of this board, I am both offended and upset by all this disruption! I demand a full refund and apology.....

RW

What disruption?

We're going to have a short outage here in a minute and you'll be redirected to the new site.
Beware of Gaslighters!

BlobOfHate

All will be forgiven if my original account is reactivated   :sneaky2:

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What disruption?

We're going to have a short outage here in a minute and you'll be redirected to the new site.

Like any minute now?

RW

Let's say 2pm server time - 30 minutes from now.  I need to finish lunch.
Beware of Gaslighters!

shin

Am I in the right place? It looks indistinguishable from the old forum.

Thiel

Quote from: "shin"Am I in the right place? It looks indistinguishable from the old forum.

It is indistinguishable from the old forum.
gay, conservative and proud

Annie

Woohoo we made it over safe and sound!  :yahoo:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Woohoo we made it over safe and sound!  :yahoo:

We did Annie.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I am going to let this thread go a few more days and then unsticky it.

cc

good plan ... this sticky has become a stinky
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell