News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

What are your favorite and least favorite breeds of Dogs?

Started by JOE, August 12, 2016, 01:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

....I find that dogs and dog breeds are animals which you love or hate.

There is no in between with them.

Either a certain kind of dog is extremely lovable or you can't stand them.

I can see certain kinds of dogs as being adorable, like golden retrievers, but mutts, yappy dogs with disagreeable personalities, or viscious dogs .... don't wanna go thea'! Can't say I can see what some of these owners see in them...they're not lovable to most people!

Anyways I like the fluffy furry types that are good around children and friendly with people, don't bark much and are extremely approachable. For some reason, they make me feel instantly relaxed and I feel at home with them when they're around.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"....I find that dogs and dog breeds are animals which you love or hate.

I can see certain kinds of dogs as being adorable, like golden retrievers, but mutts, yappy dogs with disagreeable personalities, or viscious dogs .... don't wanna go thea'! Can't say I can see what some of these owners see in them...they're not lovable to most people!

Anyways I like the fluffy furry types that are good around children and friendly with people, don't bark much and are extremely approachable. For some reason, they make me feel instantly relaxed and I feel at home with them when they're around.

We are thinking about getting a Boston Terrier. But, it would be a problem with our travelling.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"....I find that dogs and dog breeds are animals which you love or hate.

You scared of certain breeds of dogs too Joe. What a wimp. :laugh3:

JOE

Quote from: "Otis Campbell"What a wimp. :laugh3:

:roll: well, you might have a point, Herm.

Maybe life is much to easy here out on the West Coast.

Nice balmy weather, beautiful beaches, awesome fruit, things ta do.

No wonder everybody wants to move here and the land prices are so high.

I'm sure your wife would love it too. She wouldn't wanna move back an live witchya if in that Saskatchewan prairie grain elevator ya got her holed up in, eh?

But ya gotta point. Because life is too easy, it makes a person soft, lazy an' weak. Perhaps what I need is a summer on a Saskatchewan grain farm liftin' bails of hay. That must put bulk on a guy pretty quick.

Oh well...maybe in another life.

Anonymous

We have an older collie/yellow lab..

She is very much part of our family.

cc

Go "Border"  or any other collie. All collies instinctively are working machines with superb personalities ... very property protective ...  and a generally are a lot smarter and entertaining than yet average dog .... I love big ones but the border and shetland are a good practical size

We had a beautiful oversize tri-color Shelty for 11 years , almost Border in size.... fluffy  ... great kid guard dog and the best of all worlds in one package

She once was put to work by a shepard who asked if he could try her on his sheep ... on his command she took off like a rocket chasing them down  ... snapping/ faking nips (teeth clicking audible) at their heels but never touching or nipping them like an experienced  pro... semi-circled them with very fast dashes back and forth like as though she had been taught years ago and been doing it all her life ... cutting off stragglers and moving them back into the herd   ... gradually moving the entire pack toward the farmer .... and brought all 4 sheep to him  ... what instinct - never had a moment's training

This is very close to being our Tammy AKA Tam

http://www.obayshelties.com/images/zen-2-years.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I have loved every one of my uncle's border collies.  Hyper and loveable but protective.

I'm not a big dog person but I haven't come across any dog I've really disliked or who has disliked me.  Breed matters not.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Labs and Goldens would be my favorite.

They are great dogs. Bur they need room to run.  Better I think for a person living in the country.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"Go "Border"  or any other collie. All collies instinctively are working machines with superb personalities ... very property protective ...  and a generally are a lot smarter and entertaining than yet average dog .... I love big ones but the border and shetland are a good practical size

We had a beautiful oversize tri-color Shelty for 11 years , almost Border in size.... fluffy  ... great kid guard dog and the best of all worlds in one package

She once was put to work by a shepard who asked if he could try her on his sheep ... on his command she took off like a rocket chasing them down  ... snapping/ faking nips (teeth clicking audible) at their heels but never touching or nipping them like an experienced  pro... semi-circled them with very fast dashes back and forth like as though she had been taught years ago and been doing it all her life ... cutting off stragglers and moving them back into the herd   ... gradually moving the entire pack toward the farmer .... and brought all 4 sheep to him  ... what instinct - never had a moment's training

This is very close to being our Tammy AKA Tam

http://www.obayshelties.com/images/zen-2-years.jpg">

On a farm, border collies earn their keep and then some.

Anonymous

priscilla1961

ac_wub

http://animalia-life.com/data_images/chow-chow/chow-chow2.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

cc

Kid hits long ball ... nailed out at 3rd  :laugh:  

It's either a big shelty or a border - fast or what?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krHcdpAJ_1w
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"ac_wub

http://animalia-life.com/data_images/chow-chow/chow-chow2.jpg">

Looks tasty eh Priscilla. :wink: