The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Does CRONYISM kill a Site

Started by IRISH KAM, September 15, 2016, 02:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

IRISH KAM

Every site ya go on , theres Blatant Cronyism by the Mods .

When Mods giving Favouritism to certain members , does it have dire consequences for that site ?

Whats ya Views .....................
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

kiebers

Doesn't happen here. Contrary to what you may want to believe it doesn't happen at VF now either. But admins/mods do need to stick together because regardless they are going to get bitched at for not doing their job and for doing their job. Lose/lose situation all the way around. If there is a direction a forum is pointed in and new members come in and try to force a change in that direction then of course the mods will get accused of that when they do their job. Just because someone joins a forum doesn't mean they can do what they want.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Wulf

The favoritism you are speaking of is simply the mods doing there job. Those who complain the loudest about bias moderation are generally those who cannot interact in a civil or mature manner. Not all forums are a "free for all" and you as a member need to govern your conduct in accordance with the environment and feel of any given forum that you join.  

What might be a perfectly acceptable style of posting on one forum, may not be acceptable on another. General forums are usually a bit more lenient in there view on conduct than most subject specific forums. I personally post on several subject specific forums (firearms, motorcycles, martial arts, Military) and without exception you are expected to conduct yourself in a civil manner at all times. Foul language, flaming, racist or misogynistic content will get you a warning and or a ban faster than a fatass kid can eat cake. The stuff that takes place here or over at that other place would be in many cases, grounds for complete and final expulsion.

That being said, there are mods and admins that do practice favoritism or cronyism. But on the other hand, when you make a serial pest out of yourself, as in the case of a few individuals here, (past and present) mods tend to develop a very dim view of you. So when one of these pests remotely steps over the line, their punishment tends to be swift and can appear somewhat more severe than necessary. This is a natural reaction and may look like a form of favoritism but it is actually born of the need to remove chronic problem children.

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "kiebers"Doesn't happen here. Contrary to what you may want to believe it doesn't happen at VF now either.

Since when ?

kiebers

IRISH KAM

Wulf

(edit)

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"June 2015

Actually it was before then. That was just pretty much the final gasp.

kiebers

Quote from: "Wulf"

Are you one of those "serial pests" that I previously spoke of?

Judging from your recent antics on the main forum, I'm inclined to say that "yes you are". In which case any unfair treatment you think you may have received, may not be so unfair after all.

Mods and forum admins can only put up with just so much childish garbage. When you are of the opinion that you can just move into a forum from whatever wild west pig pen you once belonged to and continue your bullshit unabated; you are bound to run afoul of a mod or two or three. As long as that is the prevailing attitude, you better get used to being a forum pariah.

Me?   No.....

Although the serial pests may come to think of me that way.

Wulf

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Wulf"

Judging from your recent antics on the main forum, I'm inclined to say that "yes you are". In which case any unfair treatment you think you may have received, may not be so unfair after all.

Mods and forum admins can only put up with just so much childish garbage. When you are of the opinion that you can just move into a forum from whatever wild west pig pen you once belonged to and continue your bullshit unabated; you are bound to run afoul of a mod or two or three. As long as that is the prevailing attitude, you better get used to being a forum pariah.

Me?   No.....

Although the serial pests may come to think of me that way.

Sorry Kiebers, that wasn't meant for you. My bad.

Wulf

Quote from: "IRISH KAM"
Quote from: "kiebers"Doesn't happen here. Contrary to what you may want to believe it doesn't happen at VF now either.

Since when ?

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "kiebers" Contrary to what you may want to believe it doesn't happen at VF now either.

I should of quoted it a bit better .

I wasnt taking about here , as ive only been here for 5 Mins .

I was talking about the VF .

Cronyism runs rampant .

kiebers

IRISH KAM

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview