Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Does Christianity need renewal?

Started by JOE, October 04, 2016, 11:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Religion = mind washing of the gullible.

My faith is not a religion GORDY.

Me confuses ting tong wot yo mean ??

Religion is man made and the leaders of religion are dead..

Joseph Smith, Buddha, and Mohammad are all dead..

Ours is a relationship with God through a living Jesus Christ.

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"
Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Religion = mind washing of the gullible.

My faith is not a religion GORDY.

Me confuses ting tong wot yo mean ??

Religion is man made and the leaders of religion are dead..

As that fat fuck Meatloaf sang '' 2 outa 3 ain't bad. ''
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"Religion is man made and the leaders of religion are dead..

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60267103.jpg">

Anonymous

Religion is brainwashing, but do not put Islam in the religion column. It is an all encompassing, socio economic, supremacist ideology.

Bricktop

But its foundation is the acceptance of a god, and a demand to live according to the rules laid out by that god.

No god, no islam.

Sure, those goofs will come up with another ideology, because the fact is that it is envy of the west that drives them.

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"JOE, what made you decide to start this thread?

Well Fashionista, it came about after I had a discussion with someone when I was sitting in a park.

He asked me if I believed in God and what was written in the Bible.

And I replied, I don't know. And I don't really know.

This upset the guy. He said that my indecisiveness meant that I didn't believe.

With this guy it was black and white.

I also replied to him that I thought man is destroying much of the planet and that the forced behind that are caused by corporate greed and mismanagement. To which he replied that God will one day make it whole again when Jesus comes back to reign again. At which point I cast doubt on that, replying to him that we need to create the conditions necessary to revive the planet. Essentially, he was stating that God could revive the world in an instant if he wanted to with the flick of his wrist.

But I did state to him that Christians have every right to believe that God created the world and in 7 days because science has not proven how it was created or what forces did. There is no eyewitness account to prove the big bang or evolution, hence anyone can believe anything they want to since neither group can truly disprove the other. Personally what I don't like about so called modern science is they claimthey know how the earth was created but then don't follow their own scientific method to back. Up these claims. And that isn't science not even according to the definition they have provided.

Anyways, I never resolved my differences with the man with respect to our world view, but the way he conveyed his message made me think that it was old style Christianity with an old style message. That if Christians want to reach out to people, it has to be practical and have applications to the real world to nake it work. I guess you could say I'm a practical or pragmatic realist. While there are some good ideas in the Bible, they also have to translate into reality to have any meaning in our lives.

So I don't necessarilly disbelieve your faith, I'm not fully convinced that it is completely true.

I suppose that is what you'd call agnostic.

GORDY GAMBINO

when I was sitting in a park.....Joe the bum...555
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"JOE, what made you decide to start this thread?

Well Fashionista, it came about after I had a discussion with someone when I was sitting in a park.

He asked me if I believed in God and what was written in the Bible.

And I replied, I don't know. And I don't really know.

This upset the guy. He said that my indecisiveness meant that I didn't believe.

With this guy it was black and white.

I also replied to him that I thought man is destroying much of the planet and that the forced behind that are caused by corporate greed and mismanagement. To which he replied that God will one day make it whole again when Jesus comes back to reign again. At which point I cast doubt on that, replying to him that we need to create the conditions necessary to revive the planet. Essentially, he was stating that God could revive the world in an instant if he wanted to with the flick of his wrist.

But I did state to him that Christians have every right to believe that God created the world and in 7 days because science has not proven how it was created or what forces did. There is no eyewitness account to prove the big bang or evolution, hence anyone can believe anything they want to since neither group can truly disprove the other. Personally what I don't like about so called modern science is they claimthey know how the earth was created but then don't follow their own scientific method to back. Up these claims. And that isn't science not even according to the definition they have provided.

Anyways, I never resolved my differences with the man with respect to our world view, but the way he conveyed his message made me think that it was old style Christianity with an old style message. That if Christians want to reach out to people, it has to be practical and have applications to the real world to nake it work. I guess you could say I'm a practical or pragmatic realist. While there are some good ideas in the Bible, they also have to translate into reality to have any meaning in our lives.

So I don't necessarilly disbelieve your faith, I'm not fully convinced that it is completely true.

I suppose that is what you'd call agnostic.

Man changes, but God does not.

GORDY GAMBINO

I didn't READ Joes post cos I knew it would be full of shit.

Sik him Flashy...555
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"I didn't READ Joes post cos I knew it would be full of shit.

Sik him Flashy...555

I am not sikking anyone GORDY..

Uh oh, I am running late for work.

Twenty Dollars

I can only worship what I can see, touch, feel, and put to use. What else is there? Finland?

Bricktop

Which god?

Yahweh?

Buddha?

Krishna?

Ra?

Man has been inventing gods for his entire existence, and then devising a myriad ways of paying homage to these concocted deities.

Yet, to this day, we have evidence of cave dwelling homo sapiens, we can see the signs of dinosaurs from millions of years ago, we can assess what life was like in the bronze age and we can walk amongst the folly of pharoahs.

Yet there is not ONE...not a single iota...of evidence that establishes the presence of ANY god, christian, buddhist or Mayan. Not a single shred of evidence exists that Jesus actually existed...although there is much evidence that he did not. As stated earlier, archeologists have yet to be able to establish that a place called "Nazareth" actually existed.

Religion and false, if not fraudulent, beliefs are chains around human progress. If we are to move to the next level of social evolution, religion must  be abandoned.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"

Which god?

Yahweh?

Buddha?

Krishna?

Ra?

Man has been inventing gods for his entire existence, and then devising a myriad ways of paying homage to these concocted deities.

Yet, to this day, we have evidence of cave dwelling homo sapiens, we can see the signs of dinosaurs from millions of years ago, we can assess what life was like in the bronze age and we can walk amongst the folly of pharoahs.

Yet there is not ONE...not a single iota...of evidence that establishes the presence of ANY god, christian, buddhist or Mayan. Not a single shred of evidence exists that Jesus actually existed...although there is much evidence that he did not. As stated earlier, archeologists have yet to be able to establish that a place called "Nazareth" actually existed.

Religion and false, if not fraudulent, beliefs are chains around human progress. If we are to move to the next level of social evolution, religion must  be abandoned.

Whoever and what the fuck ever. As I said religion is silly superstition, but what xtians, Mormons, Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists do is none of our fucking business. Islam on the other hand feigns being a religion, but really is an ideology that demands we submit or die.