News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10472
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 27, 2024, 06:55:02 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Bob Dylan has been awared a Nobel prize.

Started by Bricktop, October 13, 2016, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Thiel

Bob Dylan himself was likely more surprised than anyone by this announcement.
gay, conservative and proud

Bricktop

Good point...although recipients are advised that they are on a short list, and if they prefer not to be granted the award they can advise the committee to remove their names from consideration.

Anonymous

Fuck Nobel and fuck that muslime fucking shithole Sweden.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"He sparked change. Like the change or not? I'm glad he won the award.

I think there are more deserving people than Bob Dylan, but I don't care either who receives Nobel awards.

Maybe there were. Regarding Bob Dylan. In the late 50s and into the 70s the US was a fairly racist country. Blacks, Latinos, Asians, anyone different was looked down upon. It's true. Bob Dylan called attention, along with many other ills  in his songs, poetry, etc. I believe this changed a lot for the good in Merica.

Not sure why you folks here refuse to acknowledge this fact. Maybe some never had to experience real discrimination and racsism like in the 1950s and 60s? Remember my family on a driving trip to Los Angles, before the Watts riots. Late 50s most bars, restaurants, some retail businesses had seperate enterences for people of color. Look at the stigma attached to all Asians during and after WW2? Maybe these things are forgettable you you here. Not to me. Thanks to people like Bob Dylan, and some other not so famous sure did their best to make it better for many. Funny Bob has chosen not to accept the award, as if to say, I only did my part. I believe this 100%

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... didn't OBAMA get awarded the nobel PEACE prize?

Yes, he did. What a joke.

Funny you'd cop this attitude. 25 years ago you would be strung up for being a Gay man in the South. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. Racism...... BAD.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"Fuck Nobel and fuck that muslime fucking shithole Sweden.

How can I say this in a understanding, nurchering, non racsist way? Go back to where your families came from. Any different than the tac you choose to take regarding Bob Dylan, Obama, and anyone else who tried to make it better in North America for all folks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... didn't OBAMA get awarded the nobel PEACE prize?

Yes, he did. What a joke.

Funny you'd cop this attitude. 25 years ago you would be strung up for being a Gay man in the South. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. Racism...... BAD.

I don't think Thiel meant the situation in the USA fifty years ago..

I believe he was only giving an opinion of the artist Bob Dylan.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"He sparked change. Like the change or not? I'm glad he won the award.

I think there are more deserving people than Bob Dylan, but I don't care either who receives Nobel awards.

Maybe there were. Regarding Bob Dylan. In the late 50s and into the 70s the US was a fairly racist country. Blacks, Latinos, Asians, anyone different was looked down upon. It's true. Bob Dylan called attention, along with many other ills  in his songs, poetry, etc. I believe this changed a lot for the good in Merica.

Not sure why you folks here refuse to acknowledge this fact. Maybe some never had to experience real discrimination and racsism like in the 1950s and 60s? Remember my family on a driving trip to Los Angles, before the Watts riots. Late 50s most bars, restaurants, some retail businesses had seperate enterences for people of color. Look at the stigma attached to all Asians during and after WW2? Maybe these things are forgettable you you here. Not to me. Thanks to people like Bob Dylan, and some other not so famous sure did their best to make it better for many. Funny Bob has chosen not to accept the award, as if to say, I only did my part. I believe this 100%

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

JOE

There was a funny parody of the Bob Dylan saga featured in the now defunct National Lampoon publications several years ago.

It was part of an anthology of underground comic book artists and their stories.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/jgikwi.jpg">

JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE

JOE