Pedals the Bear!

Started by Bricktop, October 19, 2016, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Oberon"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Bears are killed here in Canada also.  They aren't typically an 'endangered species' here.

While I can appreciate how unique this bear is, it seems to have become quite 'acclimated' to wandering around Suburbia.

This is NOT good.  Bears here are either relocated on the double, or shot, if they have shown acclimation.

The damage that a bear can cause is typically fatal, if the bear wants it to be...  It's hard to "fight one off."  These are amazingly powerful animals, and they CANNOT be permitted to 'roam freely, or walk freely in this case.'

I get that bears can be dangerous. I even get that there are times when euthanising them is the only alternative.

But I do NOT get the mentality that thinks its OK to hunt down and kill a defenceless creature for entertainment. At least, I don't get it outside of the world's lunatic asylum, America.

Hunting is a popular past time in the Scandinavian countries. It's popular in Canada too.

So is rape.

Its time we grew out of these barbaric activities.

I am an ex hunter. Even now, if I see a nice buck on my property, it is an endangered species.

Nothing personal, but why?

Do you enjoy killing?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Bears are killed here in Canada also.  They aren't typically an 'endangered species' here.

While I can appreciate how unique this bear is, it seems to have become quite 'acclimated' to wandering around Suburbia.

This is NOT good.  Bears here are either relocated on the double, or shot, if they have shown acclimation.

The damage that a bear can cause is typically fatal, if the bear wants it to be...  It's hard to "fight one off."  These are amazingly powerful animals, and they CANNOT be permitted to 'roam freely, or walk freely in this case.'

I get that bears can be dangerous. I even get that there are times when euthanising them is the only alternative.

But I do NOT get the mentality that thinks its OK to hunt down and kill a defenceless creature for entertainment. At least, I don't get it outside of the world's lunatic asylum, America.

Hunting is a popular past time in the Scandinavian countries. It's popular in Canada too.

So is rape.

Its time we grew out of these barbaric activities.

I am an ex hunter. Even now, if I see a nice buck on my property, it is an endangered species.

Nothing personal, but why?

Do you enjoy killing?

You ever had venison jerky and kolbassa?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"No.

Do you enjoy killing?

As the great Ted Nugent says, "you can't grill it until you kill it".

Bricktop

Yet you avoid a simple question.

And if Ted Nugent is "great", you need to expand your musical horizons. Start with Myley Cyrus and work on from there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Yet you avoid a simple question.

And if Ted Nugent is "great", you need to expand your musical horizons. Start with Myley Cyrus and work on from there.

Yes, I celebrate when I bring down a prize buck or back when I used to hunt moose. I also like shooting pesky badgers that turn small gopher holes into huge holes my cattle can break their legs in. One got into the chicken coop last year and killed every single chicken. I don't shoot coyotes on my property though. They keep the rat and mice population down.

Bricktop

Yes, I celebrate when I bring down a prize buck or back when I used to hunt moose. I also like shooting pesky badgers that turn small gopher holes into huge holes my cattle can break their legs in. One got into the chicken coop last year and killed every single chicken. I don't shoot coyotes on my property though. They keep the rat and mice population down.

See, I fail to see any cause for celebration. You possess a high powered firearm, and the animal is defenceless.

If you need to eradicate an animal that you regard as a pest under the banner of land management, that is perhaps a necessary evil.

But how is killing an animal causing no harm a cause for celebration? Is there courage involved? High levels of skill? Are you staving off starvation?

Or, as I contend, it gives you a sense of false power.

Anonymous

See, I fail to see any cause for celebration. You possess a high powered firearm, and the animal is defenceless.

If you need to eradicate an animal that you regard as a pest under the banner of land management, that is perhaps a necessary evil.

But how is killing an animal causing no harm a cause for celebration? Is there courage involved? High levels of skill? Are you staving off starvation?

Or, as I contend, it gives you a sense of false power.

I celebrate because venison and moose is frickin tasty. Hell, I still celebrate when I field dress a deer or back in the day when I hunted moose.

Bricktop

Yet you are still not answering the question.

Do you, or do you not, enjoy killing a defenceless, harmless animal?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Yet you are still not answering the question.

Do you, or do you not, enjoy killing a defenceless, harmless animal?

I think he told you what he enjoys and why. My ex bf was a hunter, so I know coming home with a kill makes them happy. What they don't enjoy is coming back empty handed.

Bricktop

So, sweetass, you see nothing wrong with enjoying the killing of an animal for no other reason but the thrill of killing?

Where's my ass pic you promised?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"So, sweetass, you see nothing wrong with enjoying the killing of an animal for no other reason but the thrill of killing?

I don't think that is what Shen Li is saying at all.

Anonymous

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuC1WOOIvKc

Isn't he beautiful??

Its such a tragic shame that he lived in a country which glorifies killing.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/18/498398167/internet-mourns-apparent-death-of-pedals-a-real-stand-up-bear">http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... nd-up-bear">http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/18/498398167/internet-mourns-apparent-death-of-pedals-a-real-stand-up-bear

Nice work, America. You fucking barbarian assholes.
Poor bear. :sad:

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Oberon"So, sweetass, you see nothing wrong with enjoying the killing of an animal for no other reason but the thrill of killing?

I don't think that is what Shen Li is saying at all.

She did too!!!

She said her ass is still trim, taut and terrific!!! ac_dance

Anonymous

Oberon, are you opposed to fishing too?