Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Pedals the Bear!

Started by Bricktop, October 19, 2016, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Oberon, are you opposed to fishing too?

Bricktop

*sigh*....every fucking time I point out the barbarity of killing animals for fun, I get asked the same dumb questions; "are you opposed to fishing?" or "I suppose you don't eat meat".

It disappoints me that those that ask that question seem unable to discern the difference between killing for "pleasure", and domestic farming and fishing.

Fishing for food is fine, although it should be noted that many game fish are now protected and those that hunt them are required to catch and release. Many fish in and around Australia are protected, ranging from a unique species of seadragon to the most ravenous shark.

Fisherman invariably eat what they catch, and although I find the pastime boring, the impact of fishing on our communities is minimal.

What I find repulsive and utterly indefensible is killing animals that live among us for entertainment. We see many images of "game" hunters squatting next to a beautiful animal, feeling smug that they have destroyed the beast for NO purpose other than to satisfy an urge to kill. It is hard to understand why a human would derive pleasure from such barbarity. It is surely not to prove their courage and strength, as it may have been hundreds of years ago when the only weapons were sticks and stones.

Hunting for jollies is an abherration on modern society. If these subhumans are so thrilled by hunting and killing, give them each an AR15 and a couple of clips, put them on a remote island, and pick up the survivors a week later.

I'd pay to watch these heroes do that.

GORDY GAMBINO

Food stocks need to be sustainable.

Shooting animals for sport is so fucked.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"*sigh*....every fucking time I point out the barbarity of killing animals for fun, I get asked the same dumb questions; "are you opposed to fishing?" or "I suppose you don't eat meat".

It disappoints me that those that ask that question seem unable to discern the difference between killing for "pleasure", and domestic farming and fishing.

Fishing for food is fine, although it should be noted that many game fish are now protected and those that hunt them are required to catch and release. Many fish in and around Australia are protected, ranging from a unique species of seadragon to the most ravenous shark.

Fisherman invariably eat what they catch, and although I find the pastime boring, the impact of fishing on our communities is minimal.

What I find repulsive and utterly indefensible is killing animals that live among us for entertainment. We see many images of "game" hunters squatting next to a beautiful animal, feeling smug that they have destroyed the beast for NO purpose other than to satisfy an urge to kill. It is hard to understand why a human would derive pleasure from such barbarity. It is surely not to prove their courage and strength, as it may have been hundreds of years ago when the only weapons were sticks and stones.

Hunting for jollies is an abherration on modern society. If these subhumans are so thrilled by hunting and killing, give them each an AR15 and a couple of clips, put them on a remote island, and pick up the survivors a week later.

I'd pay to watch these heroes do that.

Iron horse jockey only asked you a question, but you berated him as well as got up on your soapbox.

:001_rolleyes:

Bricktop

And you would expect no less, knowing me for as long as you have.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"And you would expect no less, knowing me for as long as you have.

You can be an asshole at times....you know that right?

Bricktop

Yes. I am reminded of that fact many times.

I try to be sweeter than fucking sugar, but fail comprehensively.

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Oberon"And you would expect no less, knowing me for as long as you have.

You can be an asshole all the time....you know that right?
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Yes. I am reminded of that fact many times.

You should leave that to the masters at it like me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"Yet you are still not answering the question.

Do you, or do you not, enjoy killing a defenceless, harmless animal?

I already said I do and I gave my reasons why. Venison, moose, ruffed grouse are tastier than factory farm beef and chicken.

Have you never tried wild game?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"

I already said I do and I gave my reasons why. Venison, moose, ruffed grouse are tastier than factory farm beef and chicken.

No, for obvious reasons. I try not to be hypocritical.

There must be something about the killing mentality that eludes me. Perhaps I'm not human enough. Or too human.

Bricktop

Yes, true. I don't have what it takes to be a malevolent and terrifying presence in a web forum. Just ask Vesna.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"

Yes, true. I don't have what it takes to be a malevolent and terrifying presence in a web forum. Just ask Vesna.

I think I have looked at her forum twice in the past six months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"
Quote from: "Herman"

No, for obvious reasons. I try not to be hypocritical.

Scared you'll like it?