Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

My Two Pennies on Heroin OD's...

Started by Angry White Male, November 25, 2016, 08:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I know the drugs are really bad down here...its all over the lowermain land...even in good areas....my area has hidden homeless people....they live in the river trails....mostly they just sit in areas and talk...but its been pretty explosive lately....there are more and more and they are turning up to be junkies...theyre everywhere now asking for money or "bus fare"....washing windows at busy intersections for change....and im not dt!!

I live in rural Saskatchewan and we have an opiate to full heroin junkie problem too.

Berry Sweet

Its world wide Herman.  Its sad.  There was a guy on fb...I fprget his name...but he is a retired journalist or author...anyhow...he went out everyday in Vancouver and interviewed anyone who was willing to tell him their life story and he would write up about them and post it online.    There were many homeless people he talked to...and all of their life stories were sad....yes many were addicts and they come from back ground grpwing up in homes of abuse, being sexually abused, physically abused...seen their parents abuse drugs, exposed to prostitution....a good amount of those addict have horrible pasts and is why they do drugs...its hars to help an addict with addictions problems when it stems from their past....those people are beyond helping....this is why I say lets focus on the next generation and hope this doesnt happen to them....people need to smarten the fuck up with their parenting...when ypu have kids, its not abput you anymore...its about the child...party time is over...its time to grow the fuck up and raise the child...educate them! Spend time with them...i love doing that with my kid...and its gonna pay off in the end cause im not a shit head.

Anyway...its almost chow time!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Its world wide Herman.  Its sad.  There was a guy on fb...I fprget his name...but he is a retired journalist or author...anyhow...he went out everyday in Vancouver and interviewed anyone who was willing to tell him their life story and he would write up about them and post it online.    There were many homeless people he talked to...and all of their life stories were sad....yes many were addicts and they come from back ground grpwing up in homes of abuse, being sexually abused, physically abused...seen their parents abuse drugs, exposed to prostitution....a good amount of those addict have horrible pasts and is why they do drugs...its hars to help an addict with addictions problems when it stems from their past....those people are beyond helping....this is why I say lets focus on the next generation and hope this doesnt happen to them....people need to smarten the fuck up with their parenting...when ypu have kids, its not abput you anymore...its about the child...party time is over...its time to grow the fuck up and raise the child...educate them! Spend time with them...i love doing that with my kid...and its gonna pay off in the end cause im not a shit head.

Anyway...its almost chow time!!!

I know where you are coming from. Generally I agree that a lot of addicts cannot be redeemed. But, like I said some can. The question becomes how much do we want to spend to save a few addicts.

Anonymous

Fuck the junkies. Encourage them to take lethal overdoses. Stop being a burden on society.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"Fuck the junkies. Encourage them to take lethal overdoses. Stop being a burden on society.

I agree.

Thats what I like about you shenny...bold and straight to the point.  We need more people in the world like that.

And Herman, yeah...Im not keen with spending billions of tax dollars just to save a few addicts lives...there is no point.  Its an epidemic...its a way of cleaning up the world.  This is not an easy world to live in...you either got it or you dont....there is no room for people who dont want to help themselves...addicts are lucky enough to even get a welfare check and free drugs...to me thats just wrong..and I dont want to hear about "compassion" and being a "humanitarian"....fuck sakes...those idiots who say that should really get off their asses and do something about it...they flap their jaws but dont do anything...humanitarian my ass.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Fuck the junkies. Encourage them to take lethal overdoses. Stop being a burden on society.

I agree.

Thats what I like about you shenny...bold and straight to the point.  We need more people in the world like that.

And Herman, yeah...Im not keen with spending billions of tax dollars just to save a few addicts lives...there is no point.  Its an epidemic...its a way of cleaning up the world.  This is not an easy world to live in...you either got it or you dont....there is no room for people who dont want to help themselves...addicts are lucky enough to even get a welfare check and free drugs...to me thats just wrong..and I dont want to hear about "compassion" and being a "humanitarian"....fuck sakes...those idiots who say that should really get off their asses and do something about it...they flap their jaws but dont do anything...humanitarian my ass.

Compassion and humanitarian are buzzwords for enabling.

Annie

I got some sad news last night. A nephew of mine died of a drug overdose. I didn't know him well, he was from my ex's side of the family. He'd been using for awhile. He almost died last year from fentanol overdoes. Fentanol is what took him. He was only 24.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Annie"I got some sad news last night. A nephew of mine died of a drug overdose. I didn't know him well, he was from my ex's side of the family. He'd been using for awhile. He almost died last year from fentanol overdoes. Fentanol is what took him. He was only 24.

I am sorry for your loss.

Nonetheless, it is apparent he knew the dangers, and continued on with the lifestyle.

We cannot help everyone.  My tax dollars cannot help everyone.

Most importantly, people that don't want help themselves, cannot be changed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I got some sad news last night. A nephew of mine died of a drug overdose. I didn't know him well, he was from my ex's side of the family. He'd been using for awhile. He almost died last year from fentanol overdoes. Fentanol is what took him. He was only 24.

How terrible Annie.

ac_crying

Annie

He did reach out a few times and saught counselling and suppirt groups but I think there was an even bigger issue that was not looked at. His father died of a drug overdose when he was a baby. I sent him all the pictures I had but it just seemed to make him more depressed.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"He did reach out a few times and saught counselling and suppirt groups but I think there was an even bigger issue that was not looked at. His father died of a drug overdose when he was a baby. I sent him all the pictures I had but it just seemed to make him more depressed.

I don't know what to say Annie, that is just so unnecessarily tragic.

Annie

It is and I feel bad I was not able to do anything to prevent it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"It is and I feel bad I was not able to do anything to prevent it.

I don't know if there is anything you could have done Annie..

My condolences to you and your ex husband's family.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Annie"It is and I feel bad I was not able to do anything to prevent it.

You could not have done anything...

Trust me.

Anonymous

That is awful Annie. I too have seen people die too young from drugs.