The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Single Straight Men who don't want to get married

Started by JOE, December 05, 2016, 02:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

I confess, I've become one of them.

After meeting so many divorced men and divorcees, marriage no longer interests me anymore. In fact, I've decided to go out of my way to avoid it. At least 2/3 of my friends and people I meet are divorced, or are in the process of doing so. I wouldn't want to become another statistic myself.

So...what better way than just to avoid it altogether.

I've come to the conclusion that the traditional marrige can no longer co-exist in today's society. The idea of one couple who are supposed to share equally, living in one house which is supposed to be indivisible is no longer valid. Without blaming one gender, it doesn't seem that you can have two individuals of roughly equal education and income living cohesively under one roof. It is the exception rather than the rule. This is like having two competing companies sharing the same office space. They fight, clash and soon their interests are at odds with one another. Such is the state of the modern Western marriage, and perhaps in other advanced nations such as Japan, Singapore and others.

Anyways, that's just my two bits. Perhaps someone else would care to weigh in.

How about you, eh Mel?

Anonymous

Odinson

Marriage just doesnt seem necessary to me because I will be living with my parents forever.

Anonymous

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"I confess, I've become one of them.

After meeting so many divorced men and divorcees, marriage no longer interests me anymore. In fact, I've decided to go out of my way to avoid it. At least 2/3 of my friends and people I meet are divorced, or are in the process of doing so. I wouldn't want to become another statistic myself.

I've come to the conclusion that the traditional marrige can no longer co-exist in today's society. The idea of one couple who are supposed to share equally, living in one house which is supposed to be indivisible is no longer valid. Without blaming one gender, it doesn't seem that you can have two individuals of roughly equal education and income living cohesively under one roof. It is the exception rather than the rule. This is like having two competing companies sharing the same office space. They fight, clash and soon their interests are at odds with one another. Such is the state of the modern Western marriage, and perhaps in other advanced nations such as Japan, Singapore and others.

How about you, eh Mel?

Nothing wrong with staying single and not marrying...

just don't drop your unwanted brats on tax payers... It's not marriage or not marrying the problem... it's leaving your illegitimate sprogs around.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

How about you, eh Mel?

just don't drop your unwanted brats on tax payers... It's not marriage or not marrying the problem... it's leaving your illegitimate sprogs around.

Not something Joe has to worry about. You have to get laid to have kids.

Anonymous

How about you, eh Mel?

You never had children caskur?

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Of course I grew up and became a mother.

How many children do you have?

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I don't disguss my family with strangers.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I knew you do not have kids.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

There's nothing wrong with that Herman if that's true..

I am thankful that some of our posters have made the responsible decision not to have children.

caskur

Don't take up punting... I don't think you'd be successful.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Don't take up punting... I don't think you'd be successful.

Nobody on this board gives a shit what you think.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview