Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

MGTOW

Started by shin, December 21, 2016, 05:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

I have a friend on another forum who recently got out of an almost decade long relationship, and now he tells me rhetoric about how girls aren't worth the trouble anymore. I think he's just depressed, but that's another story.

He brought up the notion that because of our old standards of traditional courting, the man often gets the shorter end of the stick in unsuccessful attempts at dating. He then went on to mention a group or movement called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way">Men Going Their Own Way. It seems he wholeheartedly agrees with much of their ideas.

"According to columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis. Jeremy Nicholson writing for Psychology Today similarly described MGTOW as men frustrated with the lack of incentives to date who choose to opt out of dating and focus on taking care of themselves. Kay Hymowitz has stated that some self-identified MGTOW express discontent because they see women as hypergamous and manipulative. Business Insider reporter Dylan Love wrote a "fully-realized MGTOW (there are levels to it) is someone who shuns all relationships with women, short-term, long-term, romantic, and otherwise. He eventually shuns society as a whole." MGTOW use the word "gynocentric" to describe conditions that favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances."

I think I see the relevance of their general argument, but does it seem to you guys that they might have taken being a spoil-sport to the extreme? What do you think of these self-described men going their own way?

Angry White Male

One word:  Pre-Nup!

Bricktop

Its all in how appealing you are to the opposite sex.

Being somewhat blessed with characteristics that some females find alluring, it puts me in a position of strength...the exact reverse of the situations described above.

In the end, its the sexual appeal that dictates the relative power and strength within the relationship.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I have a friend on another forum who recently got out of an almost decade long relationship, and now he tells me rhetoric about how girls aren't worth the trouble anymore. I think he's just depressed, but that's another story.

He brought up the notion that because of our old standards of traditional courting, the man often gets the shorter end of the stick in unsuccessful attempts at dating. He then went on to mention a group or movement called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way">Men Going Their Own Way. It seems he wholeheartedly agrees with much of their ideas.

"According to columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis. Jeremy Nicholson writing for Psychology Today similarly described MGTOW as men frustrated with the lack of incentives to date who choose to opt out of dating and focus on taking care of themselves. Kay Hymowitz has stated that some self-identified MGTOW express discontent because they see women as hypergamous and manipulative. Business Insider reporter Dylan Love wrote a "fully-realized MGTOW (there are levels to it) is someone who shuns all relationships with women, short-term, long-term, romantic, and otherwise. He eventually shuns society as a whole." MGTOW use the word "gynocentric" to describe conditions that favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances."

I think I see the relevance of their general argument, but does it seem to you guys that they might have taken being a spoil-sport to the extreme? What do you think of these self-described men going their own way?

Sounds like a bunch of frustrated wankers. A good support group for Joe.

Wulf

There is certain level of merit to the frame of mind that says women aren't worth the trouble. BUT taking it to the extreme makes for a dull lonely life and the purchase of a lot of hand lotion and tissues I might add.

For the most part I agree with Chief Inspector on this. If you, as a guy "got it going on", the problems that women bring to the table are diminished.  The high maintenance, manipulative type of women simply doesn't fly with guys who are confident and well adjusted. They are only a problem for suckers and geeks. I could point to examples on this forum but why waste time on the obvious.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"There is certain level of merit to the frame of mind that says women aren't worth the trouble. BUT taking it to the extreme makes for a dull lonely life and the purchase of a lot of hand lotion and tissues I might add.

For the most part I agree with Chief Inspector on this. If you, as a guy "got it going on", the problems that women bring to the table are diminished.  The high maintenance, manipulative type of women simply doesn't fly with guys who are confident and well adjusted. They are only a problem for suckers and geeks. I could point to examples on this forum but why waste time on the obvious.

I have been a member of forums that were so geeky they would make the guys here look like studs by comparison.

RW

Same.  I have found those guys to be really high on themselves though.

Personally I think it's great for men to focus on taking care of themselves rather than expecting women to do it for them.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Same.  I have found those guys to be really high on themselves though.

Personally I think it's great for men to focus on taking care of themselves rather than expecting women to do it for them.

My parents always said the same to me. Take care of yourself. Don't expect a man to do it for you.

RW

So did mine.  I don't think men get the same lecture.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So did mine.  I don't think men get the same lecture.

My sons will have it drilled into their minds that anything less than superior is unacceptable. The roar of the tiger mommy.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

My sons will have it drilled into their minds that anything less than superior is unacceptable. The roar of the tiger mommy.

My parents said nothing and I still bagged a hot genius haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

My parents said nothing and I still bagged a hot genius haha

I wasn't talking about finding a mate, but good on ya anyway. :thumbup:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

UncleDilf

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "shin"I have a friend on another forum who recently got out of an almost decade long relationship, and now he tells me rhetoric about how girls aren't worth the trouble anymore. I think he's just depressed, but that's another story.

Sounds like a bunch of frustrated wankers. A good support group for Joe.

Says the bate-male cuck who acts as a love clown and pays for everything to sniff at some pussy  ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao  ac_lmfao

you cuck

Blurt

It's a good thing women aren't choosing to go their own way; civilization would crumble.
Aimin\' to misbehave.