The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Christmas Carolers

Started by RW, December 21, 2016, 04:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

deadskinmask

until this year, i lived in the swamp.... out there ppl don't just wander up to your house singing.... :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It's caroling season in these parts and I was wondering what do you do when people come to your door and start singing?  Are you supposed to give them money or cookies or just stand there like an asshole while they sing to you?

In Winnipeg, they would be greeted with bear spray.

kiebers

I think bear spray/mace is winning....LOLOLOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Seriously...you people need help.  

Hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I think bear spray/mace is winning....LOLOLOL

By a knock out. :laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

In an age where scammers pull tricks on us, this group should have sent a flyer prior to their performance to expect their visit and to explain who they are or what group they are supporting. They could have said that small donations will be appreciated and it will go to _____ charity or whatever.

I am a caroler and carolee. We usually warn the folks we are going to visit that we are coming. I've never been a part of a group that wanted to be paid though. We always got invited in for hot cider or whatever but that's because we knew the hosts and they knew us. I am not sure I want to invite strangers into my place just because they sang Christmas carols.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

priscilla1961

I likke Christmas carols. ac_dance
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"In an age where scammers pull tricks on us, this group should have sent a flyer prior to their performance to expect their visit and to explain who they are or what group they are supporting. They could have said that small donations will be appreciated and it will go to _____ charity or whatever.

I am a caroler and carolee. We usually warn the folks we are going to visit that we are coming. I've never been a part of a group that wanted to be paid though. We always got invited in for hot cider or whatever but that's because we knew the hosts and they knew us. I am not sure I want to invite strangers into my place just because they sang Christmas carols.

So you do it as a fundraiser.

See that makes sense but the group last year didn't want money so I got confused.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Did you get any figgy pudding?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Did you get any figgy pudding?

What the fuck is that anyway? Those dry Christmas cakes?

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Did you get any figgy pudding?

What the fuck is that anyway? Those dry Christmas cakes?

Yeah - dense, dry cake.   :yuk:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Those dry cakes are fruit cake...those are gross....i suspect figgy pudding would be a fig pudding....imma find a pic...google..

Berry Sweet

Huh....i guess it is dry...

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2015/12/20/istock_000018579358_large_wide-bdba5ca1d8560725030d526be2cea8c8f730e350-s900-c85.jpg">

I always visioned it in a sauce....atleast if I made it...it would be saucy baby yeah!!

RW

It looks like you soak it with booze.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Try ignoring the door.

This ^^^.

The same tactic one would use when the J-Dubs come a knockin'.  You NEVER answer the door.

Once you start talking to these freaks, they'll never stop coming around.

One good thing about living in a condo, is I have NOBODY ever randomly knocking on my door.