Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Christmas Carolers

Started by RW, December 21, 2016, 04:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

It's caroling season in these parts and I was wondering what do you do when people come to your door and start singing?  Are you supposed to give them money or cookies or just stand there like an asshole while they sing to you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Aryan

deadskinmask

on Bobs Burgers, they get hot chocolate.... i dunno.... do you really have that problem? where do you live? in a disneyland exhibit?

kiebers

Never had that happen at my house since I was born. I think there was a group of kids in catholic school that did it but it was primarily parents or grand parents of the carolers.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"Never had that happen at my house since I was born. I think there was a group of kids in catholic school that did it but it was primarily parents or grand parents of the carolers.

That used to be me! hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "deadskinmask"on Bobs Burgers, they get hot chocolate.... i dunno.... do you really have that problem? where do you live? in a disneyland exhibit?

Yes, it really happens.  This group of youngish Christian folks do it every year.  Living in a small town you know a lot of people so it's not like I can spray them with the hose or anything.
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"on Bobs Burgers, they get hot chocolate.... i dunno.... do you really have that problem? where do you live? in a disneyland exhibit?

Yes, it really happens.  This group of youngish Christian folks do it every year.  Living in a small town you know a lot of people so it's not like I can spray them with the hose or anything.

there are lazer lights that can cause nausea and disorientation.... maybe use em as 'yard decorations'.... :laugh:

Aryan

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

there are lazer lights that can cause nausea and disorientation.... maybe use em as 'yard decorations'.... :laugh:

Somehow I doubt any carol singers will knock on your door!   :shock:

deadskinmask

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"

Somehow I doubt any carol singers will knock on your door!   :shock:

lol. i've got one of those lazers as a xmas present.... its called a Dazzler and it mounts on a shotgun.... :laugh:

Aryan

I think the sounds of shotguns blasting inside your property would make anyone think twice from bothering you.  :laugh:

deadskinmask

oddly enough, just racking a shell is one of the most easily distinguished sounds as well as one of the most intimidating.... :laugh:

RW

WTF is wrong with you people?  I don't want to maim or harm them.  I just don't know what the etiquette is.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Aryan

You should answer the door naked RW, that would scare them off.  ac_biggrin

deadskinmask

Quote from: "RW"WTF is wrong with you people?  I don't want to maim or harm them.  I just don't know what the etiquette is.

i told you - offer hot chocolate.... and by the way 'nausea and disorientation' is not harm.... mild discomfort maybe.... at least its not bear mace (which is usually my number one answer).... :mad:

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"WTF is wrong with you people?  I don't want to maim or harm them.  I just don't know what the etiquette is.

I take it they have not been to your house before. Odds are they are on a schedule and probably don't have the time for hot chocolate. Have an ice chest on the porch with some bottled water and offer that. Throats get dry and sugary things may not help all that much.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone