The best topic

Replies: 8245
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:57:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

YO!

Started by Jamerrell, December 30, 2016, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jamerrell"
Quote from: "Fashionista"He was a valued poster.

Dat boi can value muh big black dik in his mouf!

I miss him Jamerrmel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Peaches" And perhaps in the age of Trump there are enough low-information racist millennials that it might catch on again.

You mean the working classes you out of touch, little prog wanker. Brexit, Trump, possibly the Marine Le Pen, it sucks to be a latte quaffing elitist asshole these days doesn't it.

No, silly -- I mean what I said...low-info racist millennials.  What you call the "working classes" would include me, actually, and they are effectively neutralized now in their political power by the machinations of the elite who pit us against one another for the silliest of reasons...as this forum alone readily demonstrates.  But you should just stay out of the meme thing since you're clearly not a millennial yourself, and you have your own castle of memes to wrestle with.

QuoteAnyway, fuck off like you promised.

Sure...any day now.  Hold your breath, it might happen quicker.

RW

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "RW"Peaches, albeit correct, I haven't seen "meme" to mean the usage you employ anywhere outside of CBT.

Maybe you should get out more.

Over the past couple of years, people have started calling a photograph with text superimposed on it a "meme."  I, too, sometimes use the term in that way, depending on the content...but it was a hijack of "meme," a poorly understood word that's been around since the mid-seventies.  Such an image with words can be understood as a specific example of a meme, but it is not the only example.

According to Merriam-Webster, in his 1976 book The Selfish Gene, British scientist Richard Dawkins defended his newly coined word meme, which he defined as "a unit of cultural transmission." Having first considered, then rejected, "mimeme," he wrote: "'Mimeme' comes from a suitable Greek root, but I want a monosyllable that sounds a bit like 'gene.' I hope my classicist friends will forgive me if I abbreviate 'mimeme' to 'meme.'" (The suitable Greek root was mim-, meaning "mime" or "mimic." The English suffix -eme indicates a distinctive unit of language structure, as in "grapheme," "lexeme," and "phoneme.")

M-W defines it thus:  :  an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture.  

I suggest that the "black male" posting on an anonymous internet forum and opening with "where are the white wimminz at?" is a meme which spread all over the internet ten or fifteen years ago, and is now being recycled (or rediscovered) by white male high school losers who think it'll have traction now.  And perhaps in the age of Trump there are enough low-information racist millennials that it might catch on again.  Either way, it's a meme...a unit of cultural transmission.  

Anyone not getting that should go back to Marshall McLuhan and read forward.

I love how you just told me what a meme was as if I didn't already know.  My point was that you are correct in your use of meme but that many just know it as the picture.

But keep talking dictionary baby.  It makes me hot.   ac_lovestruck
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
What you call the "working classes" would include me, actually, and they are effectively neutralized now in their political power by the machinations of the elite who pit us against one another for the silliest of reasons.

It's the elites that you latte sipping faggots shill for that have been neutralized asshole.  

Fuck off and do not sign in here again.

RW

Or what Herman?  You'll ban him too?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Or what Herman?  You'll ban him too?

No, he will not.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Or what Herman?  You'll ban him too?

No, he will not.

Phewf!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"you latte sipping faggots

That's the second time you've dropped that turd in the punchbowl, Hermie.  I never drink milk, hot or cold.  And Shen Li already has a trademark on fag laming.  Get some better material.

QuoteFuck off and do not sign in here again.

I'd hate to see Fash spend all this money keeping the place open just to watch you sit and fart and grumble.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview