The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

2 guys at work got fired today..

Started by Berry Sweet, January 04, 2017, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In BC (where Berry lives, and 'claims' to work) you're on probation for 90 days.  Employer can shitcan you for no reason up until that point.

After 90 days, there must be a reason given.  Of course, an employer could simply give you a couple weeks of pay as severance, and then shitcan you also, without reason...

Most employers don't wan't to spend the two weeks severance, so they'll find a reason.

Obviously Berry has a limited track record as an employee, and it may be doubtful that she even works.  If she does, she is new to the work force, in a lower end position where she probably has no clue what she posts...

Not exactly Mel...  

It's not just any ole reason that will get you out of either giving notice or paying severance. It has to be a serious issue (assault, theft, fraud, harassment, conflict of interest,etc) may justify dismissal without severance or a pre-warned, repeated minor issue where time was given to make correction but wasn't corrected. Being late repeatedly or calling in sick too much would only qualify as just cause if the employer has a written record of incidents and has given the employee time to make the necessary corrections to the offending behaviour.  Most employers actually just pay the severance to avoid Employment Standards issues down the road.

The other thing a lot of people don't know is that Employment Standards sets the minimum for severance.  The rule when challenging through employment law is "reasonable notice." Reasonable notice depends on the nature and length of employment, the employee's age, experience, qualifications and the availability of comparable employment.  Employers will put severance amounts in their contracts to avoid courts from deciding "reasonable notice".
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I only read the part about probationary time. It's one week notice in Ontario once you have completed probation, but less than one year service.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"I only read the part about probationary time. It's one week notice in Ontario once you have completed probation, but less than one year service.

The minimum in ON is one week per employment year up to 8 weeks of severance.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I only read the part about probationary time. It's one week notice in Ontario once you have completed probation, but less than one year service.

Isn't that what he said for the first year?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Isn't that what he said?

He stopped short at only one year so I added the rest of the Employment Standards severance requirements.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Isn't that what he said?

He stopped short at only one year so I added the rest of the Employment Standards severance requirements.

I think most of us are assuming the dismissed employees have less than a year's employment at Berry's company.

RW

Isn't that what he said?

I think most of us are assuming the dismissed employees have less than a year's employment at Berry's company.

Probably and I didn't think you assumed anything else.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

I don't know why you're so offended, Berry.

The only reason I asked, is I've seen it before in jobs/workplaces I've been in. Several years ago, I was working at 2 minimum wage jobs to make ends meet. At the time, the minimum wage was $6 an hour. One job was a sales clerk the other was a bartender's helper in an upscale nightclub. I was working 70 to 80 hours per week. The equivalent of two fulltime jobs.

Anyways I noticed about these places was the high turnover, people quitting, getting fired, calling in sick or not at all, and the same reactions: they all expected to keep their jobs. And there was a lot of employee theft

. The root cause s are poor morale, low wages, bad hours, poor working conditions.

Another job I did aroud many years ago was diggin a ditch and other assorted odd jobs on a construction site for $14 an hour. Agains same symptoms, bad morale and high turnover. The employer didn't treat us very well and worked us like dogs. One guy got into an argument with the boss, thought he got cheated on wages. Boss said he did not. But the guy really did work like a bugger and tore down an entire wall of stucco on an old house by himself. That's incredibly hard work because its essentially like tearing down a wall of concrete. Anyways the guy got fired, but it was shitty. We all kmew it. The boss was a slavedriver.

So don't take it personally....I've been there, lived it. Its rough.
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...I saw this coming for them...I talked to one after work and he said they didnt give him a reason, just fired and bye.  Said he didnt understand.

For the last month, both of them have been calling in sick way too much and one was late by hours several times...like ya think that may have something to do with it?!  If you work somewhere, you start at a certain time and you show the fuck up.  It must suck to lose your job, esp since the new year just started.

how much did they get paid per hour and what kind of work was it, Berry?

Thats not really an appropriate question to ask on these forums.  I dont ask nor do I know how much these guys made or what their salary was.  Thats none of my buisness and I dont ask people these questions.

Why dont you tell us Joe what you do for work and how much you make?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In BC (where Berry lives, and 'claims' to work) you're on probation for 90 days.  Employer can shitcan you for no reason up until that point.

After 90 days, there must be a reason given.  Of course, an employer could simply give you a couple weeks of pay as severance, and then shitcan you also, without reason...

Most employers don't wan't to spend the two weeks severance, so they'll find a reason.

Obviously Berry has a limited track record as an employee, and it may be doubtful that she even works.  If she does, she is new to the work force, in a lower end position where she probably has no clue what she posts...

Who the hell are you to post about what I have and havent done with my life?

I have atleast 25 working years left and much to be accomplished and achieved till then.  I took the time to raise my child on my own and now im back at it cause my child is more independant...therefore I can work and school at the same time with less child care effort...something you could never and will never do.  You cant stand that about me can ya??  Trust me, my ex is jealous of me too...accomplishing all he thought I never would...like many people who judge single parents who take the time to raise children ft on their own till they are old enough...I was smart enough to slowly educate between....for Christ sake, im not an old lady..im still young! I got my whole life ahead of me!

You have no idea who I am what I do.

Go back to your getting sloshed and posting about your limp dick, breathalyzer and your pathetic failed marriage.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Who the hell are you to post about what I have and havent done with my life?

I have atleast 25 working years left and much to be accomplished and achieved till then.  I took the time to raise my child on my own and now im back at it cause my child is more independant...therefore I can work and school at the same time with less child care effort...something you could never and will never do.  You cant stand that about me can ya??  Trust me, my ex is jealous of me too...accomplishing all he thought I never would...like many people who judge single parents who take the time to raise children ft on their own till they are old enough...I was smart enough to slowly educate between....for Christ sake, im not an old lady..im still young! I got my whole life ahead of me!

Go back to your getting sloshed and posting about your limp dick, breathalyzer and your pathetic failed marriage.

It was presumptuous of him Berry.

Berry Sweet

Since you must know, one was there for a few years...he's had many warnings about his absences...he has been given verbal and written warnings...he continued to carry on...he got fired...excellent choice, I agree.

The second one was there for about 6 months...he started carrying on the same attitude as the other guy....makes sense how they got rid of both of them....I dont work in their dept but I have to speak with them sometimes..

We've had meetings and they've bought up slacking off many times...you gotta watch your ass....lets take break time for example...a break is 15 min...not 20 or 28 minutes..cause you were talkong to someone about your weekend...the big boss doesnt give a shit about your weekend..he gives a shit you are doong your job...there is 1 more girl who is a break slacker...I like to see what will go down with her...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Since you must know, one was there for a few years...he's had many warnings about his absences...he has been given verbal and written warnings...he continued to carry on...he got fired...excellent choice, I agree.

The second one was there for about 6 months...he started carrying on the same attitude as the other guy....makes sense how they got rid of both of them....I dont work in their dept but I have to speak with them sometimes..

We've had meetings and they've bought up slacking off many times...you gotta watch your ass....lets take break time for example...a break is 15 min...not 20 or 28 minutes..cause you were talkong to someone about your weekend...the big boss doesnt give a shit about your weekend..he gives a shit you are doong your job...there is 1 more girl who is a break slacker...I like to see what will go down with her...

I know we were playing guessing games about their duration of service Berry..

Thank you for clearing it up for us.

ac_smile

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Who the hell are you to post about what I have and havent done with my life?

And this is why I will not date an uppity cunt..  nor will I employ one.

And I will have a lawyer write up a pre-nup any time an uppity cunt enters my life.

Berry?  You are trash.  You know you cannot hold down a position for very long...

I CAN speak about you.  I know your type.  I know your ilk.

I know you very well...

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Who the hell are you to post about what I have and havent done with my life?

And this is why I will not date an uppity cunt..  nor will I employ one.

And I will have a lawyer write up a pre-nup any time an uppity cunt enters my life.

Berry?  You are trash.  You know you cannot hold down a position for very long...

I CAN speak about you.  I know your type.  I know your ilk.

I know you very well...

Why do you keep trashing Berry?

What did she do to you?