The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

2 guys at work got fired today..

Started by Berry Sweet, January 04, 2017, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

...I saw this coming for them...I talked to one after work and he said they didnt give him a reason, just fired and bye.  Said he didnt understand.

For the last month, both of them have been calling in sick way too much and one was late by hours several times...like ya think that may have something to do with it?!  If you work somewhere, you start at a certain time and you show the fuck up.  It must suck to lose your job, esp since the new year just started.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...I saw this coming for them...I talked to one after work and he said they didnt give him a reason, just fired and bye.  Said he didnt understand.

For the last month, both of them have been calling in sick way too much and one was late by hours several times...like ya think that may have something to do with it?!  If you work somewhere, you start at a certain time and you show the fuck up.  It must suck to lose your job, esp since the new year just started.

Were they really surprised by their dismissal Berry?

JOE

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...I saw this coming for them...I talked to one after work and he said they didnt give him a reason, just fired and bye.  Said he didnt understand.

how much did they get paid per hour and what kind of work was it, Berry?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I dunno..maybe he was just acting??  He just got too comfortable I guess.  Some people actually dont realize the concequences of their actions.  Ive seen this in the past.  People taking advantage of days and hours...they were guys so go figure...probably thought they were invincible, they were wrong.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "JOE"

Thats not really an appropriate question to ask on these forums.  I dont ask nor do I know how much these guys made or what their salary was.  Thats none of my buisness and I dont ask people these questions.

Why dont you tell us Joe what you do for work and how much you make?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "JOE"

Thats not really an appropriate question to ask on these forums.  I dont ask nor do I know how much these guys made or what their salary was.  Thats none of my buisness and I dont ask people these questions.

Why dont you tell us Joe what you do for work and how much you make?

Fucking right it's not appropriate and none of Joe's fucking business.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I dunno..maybe he was just acting??  He just got too comfortable I guess.  Some people actually dont realize the concequences of their actions.  Ive seen this in the past.  People taking advantage of days and hours...they were guys so go figure...probably thought they were invincible, they were wrong.

Some people don't take their jobs seriously..

I work with a lady that's on Facebook everyday at work.

Anonymous

Sorry, I accidentally locked this topic.

ac_blush

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Sorry, I accidentally locked this topic.

ac_blush

Yeah, well don't let it happen again.

QuoteI work with a lady that's on Facebook everyday at work.

There's no way that would be tolerated in the private sector.

Anonymous

How long have they been working there? If they had been there quite a few years, and had solid attendance until now, your employer might cut them some slack.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

How long have they been working there? If they had been there quite a few years, and had solid attendance until now, your employer might cut them some slack.

Berry didn't really give details about their employment history, but they were probably finished their probationary period..

At my husband's company, one absence during probation is all a new employee is allowed.

GORDY GAMBINO

Berry is turning into an Agony Aunt.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

In BC (where Berry lives, and 'claims' to work) you're on probation for 90 days.  Employer can shitcan you for no reason up until that point.

After 90 days, there must be a reason given.  Of course, an employer could simply give you a couple weeks of pay as severance, and then shitcan you also, without reason...

Most employers don't wan't to spend the two weeks severance, so they'll find a reason.

Obviously Berry has a limited track record as an employee, and it may be doubtful that she even works.  If she does, she is new to the work force, in a lower end position where she probably has no clue what she posts...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In BC (where Berry lives, and 'claims' to work) you're on probation for 90 days.  Employer can shitcan you for no reason up until that point.

After 90 days, there must be a reason given.  Of course, an employer could simply give you a couple weeks of pay as severance, and then shitcan you also, without reason...

Most employers don't wan't to spend the two weeks severance, so they'll find a reason.

Obviously Berry has a limited track record as an employee, and it may be doubtful that she even works.  If she does, she is new to the work force, in a lower end position where she probably has no clue what she posts...

That is standard across Canada and that's what Herm was asking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"In BC (where Berry lives, and 'claims' to work) you're on probation for 90 days.  Employer can shitcan you for no reason up until that point.

Same in Ontario.