Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Hey Jock, Does Your Old Lady Have a Big Caboose

Started by Anonymous, January 11, 2017, 08:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We stopped using cabooses three years after I hired on in 1989.

kiebers

That's almost sad.

Oh wait, you're talking about real trains....my bad
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"You guys never mind Mrs Iron Horse's caboose.

I live near CP Keith yard in Calgary..

I have seen old yellow cabooses in the yard before.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"You guys never mind Mrs Iron Horse's caboose.

I live near CP Keith yard in Calgary..

I have seen old yellow cabooses in the yard before.

There's some still around. But, they are used only on work trains like ballast trains or rail trains for distribution.

kiebers

Quote from: "Herman"Just wonderin?

You tried...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

You tried...LOL

And that's as far as it will go too.

Wambo Rong

I rode the CN from Smithers to Prince Rupert before the smooth rails, clack and clack. Ever work that route Iron Horse?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wambo Rong"I rode the CN from Smithers to Prince Rupert before the smooth rails, clack and clack. Ever work that route Iron Horse?

That must have been a long time ago. We're not allowed passengers at all. It's a liability thing.

Anonymous

I work for CP not CN and my terminal is Winnipeg. I'm in the East pool on the Keewatin sub. My run is Winnipeg to Kenora, Ontario and back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wambo Rong"I rode the CN from Smithers to Prince Rupert before the smooth rails, clack and clack. Ever work that route Iron Horse?

I would like to get a ride up front on a train.

Wambo Rong

we had BC Rail when that donkey company was operating into Driftwood River from George. That was a shit show

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wambo Rong"we had BC Rail when that donkey company was operating into Driftwood River from George. That was a shit show

I know running trades guys that worked for them. Almost as much of a joke as a railway as Ontario Northland.

Anonymous

Hermie likes a big caboose.