The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

There are more Marijuana smoke shops than Tim Horton Restaurants in Vancouver

Started by JOE, January 14, 2017, 04:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

ya, 3 or 4 yrs now  .... even the strongest prescribable  opiates  do nothing

Now, the main chemical in Robaxacet does help to some extent - gotta credit hubby who thought to try it after everything else did nothing

swimming & water jet helps some - We moved here mainly for the indoor pool (and water jet pool) so I could exercise in weightless environment
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"ya, 3 or 4 yrs now  .... even the strongest prescribable  opiates  do nothing

Now, the main chemical in Robaxacet does help to some extent - gotta credit hubby who thought to try it after everything else did nothing

swimming & water jet helps some - We moved here mainly for the indoor pool so I could exercise

What exactly is wrong with your back?

A friend of my husband had herniated disc surgery....I believe they call it discectomy??

He's pain free now.

cc

Yes. Disks can often be fixed

It's a curvature in lower spine, not a disc thing. Not much can change it

Actually, the pain comes from muscles reacting to it on their own, not the spine itself

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. Disks can often be fixed

It's a curvature in lower spine, not a disc thing. Not much can change it

Actually, the pain comes from muscles reacting to it, not the spine itself

Is it scoliosis cc?

cc

yes, it is

There are places in the US who do it, but often they fail and commonly some relief for a while followed by  worse in the long run

I'm getting back to swimming followed by water jet

Amazingly the only chair that gives good relief if our car seat .... it is shaped exactly right for me .... but the cost of fuel and repairs makes that occasional only, lol

cc

Non that I know of in Canada - and surgery often ruins one for life

Berry Sweet

cc

Brace is so limiting and prolly don't relieve pain.  

Do have a couple of strap on supports, flexible and can help

Gotta gear myself back to the 2 pools  ... that's the best way ... I always liked the water and was extremely good in it ,,,, the Oz of me ... could upend any guy and get his suit off before he knew what was happening  .. . then reappear at other end of pool with it around my neck ..  baaad cc   ac_smile

G'night all ... gotta go beddin

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Brace is so limiting and prolly don't relieve pain.  

Do have a couple of strap on supports, flexible and can help

Gotta gear myself back to the 2 pools  ... that's the best way ... I always liked the water and was extremely good in it ,,,, the Oz of me ... could upend any guy and get his suit off before he knew what was happening  .. . then reappear at other end of pool with it around my neck ..  baaad cc   ac_smile

G'night all ... gotta go beddin

Do you know anyone else with scoliosis?

How are they being treated for the discomfort?

cc

No. I don't know anyone with it. Some people use pills, some weightless exercise, some try physio & belts I have work somewhat

I'm returning to the pools. I think that is best approach

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"yes, it is

There are places in the US who do it, but often they fail and commonly some relief for a while followed by  worse in the long run

I'm getting back to swimming followed by water jet

Amazingly the only chair that gives good relief if our car seat .... it is shaped exactly right for me .... but the cost of fuel and repairs makes that occasional only, lol

A golf buddy of mine had child childhood scoliosis. He was operated on as a kid. I would imagine that may not be an option when detected in an adult.

cc

While they sound similar, they are quite different in nature is the reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"While they sound similar, they are quite different in nature is the reason.

That does not surprise me.

I hope relief from the pain CC.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc la femme"No. I don't know anyone with it. Some people use pills, some weightless exercise, some try physio & belts I have work somewhat

I'm returning to the pools. I think that is best approach

A coworker has a bad back and only stands in front of her computer to work. Once in a while she may sit down but she's standing most of the time.

I've always been a swimmer but last year I went back to swimming daily since I don't have to go anywhere. I love being in the pool by 5 a.m. before everyone else gets in. I never tell anyone of my neighbors so they don't get any ideas and join me there that early. I am not there to socialize. I want my quiet time. I love being there in peace and solitude and no one splashing so I can enjoy my swimming and floating after. It's remarkable how much better I feel. I have rediscovered unknown energy and clarity even.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]