The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I dont know how to describe this...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 14, 2017, 09:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I have a fb friend...mostly I know her from her sister...anyhow...she is married and for the last few years she has been mentioning her husband as her brother...and her husband mentions her as his sister...

...I find this really bizzare.. When I first met them...they was introduced as husband and wife....but on fb it was all brother and sister...so I just assumed they were actually brother and sister...but then they announced the birth of their kids...I thought this was really disturbing......

...is it just me...or do you find it akward that a married couple refer to themselves as brother and sister???  It doesnt settle right with me...

kiebers

My vote would be awkward especially if they are brother and sister. Check the sisters profile and see if she has a brother. They will definitely stand out among their friends. That could be the motivation. Lord knows we've all seen our share of attention whores...LOLOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Angry White Male

Seems pretty strange to me, but then again I know the type of people that you keep as friends, Berry.

My ex, after leaving me, told me that she "now loved me like a brother"...  That's when I kicked the divorce into high-gear.  Ace doesn't play those games.

shin

I take it they're not black?

We have a lot of brothas and sistas, yanno. :JC_howdy:   :laugh3:

Anonymous

Back to the op, pretty strange in my opinion..

I don't call my husband my Caucasian brother and he doesn't call me his East Asian sister.

Annie

That is weird and creepy. But then maybe they just a warped sence of humor.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"That is weird and creepy. But then maybe they just a warped sence of humor.

Nah, it's just weird and creepy.

shin

Of course, when a couple starts wearing matching footsie pajamas, they're more likely to build a fort out of sheets and have pillow fights than rolling around in the hay. That sounds like the behavior of siblings to me.

http://www.snugglenado.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Footie-Pajamas-for-Wine-Lovers-Fleece-Drop-Seat-7-0.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Of course, when a couple starts wearing matching footsie pajamas, they're more likely to build a fort out of sheets and have pillow fights than rolling around in the hay. That sounds like the behavior of siblings to me.

http://www.snugglenado.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Footie-Pajamas-for-Wine-Lovers-Fleece-Drop-Seat-7-0.jpg">

lol

Berry Sweet

No they are not related...but its awkward...I am not comfortable asking such a question either....can you imagine??  "Hey yo...are you 2 actually inbred weirdos?"

I could never call any guy im dating my brother....creepy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No they are not related...but its awkward...I am not comfortable asking such a question either....can you imagine??  "Hey yo...are you 2 actually inbred weirdos?"

I could never call any guy im dating my brother....creepy.

very

Annie

Maybe they just enjoy messing with people. Although that's a creepy sense of humor but I bet they're just messing with you.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

shin

Quote from: "Annie"Maybe they just enjoy messing with people. Although that's a creepy sense of humor but I bet they're just messing with you.

That's a possibility. On some level I think a lot of couples have to abandon what other people think of them and their habits... but these kinds of people wouldn't really be on social media regularly.

Wambo Rong

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Annie"That is weird and creepy. But then maybe they just a warped sence of humor.

You should know weird and creepy.

Annie

Quote from: "Wambo Rong"
Quote from: "Herman"

You should know weird and creepy.

Ya I should eh?  :laugh: