Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Dan (D.B.) Cooper

Started by Angry White Male, January 16, 2017, 05:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I am fascinated with the legend of DB Cooper.

It's an interesting case.  Not so much due to the fact that he had extreme balls of steel for doing what he did, but moreso that he was never identified...  To me, that's the interesting part.

A person cannot just simply go through life, without interacting with people.  

For instance, I had to draw up a will once my Mother died, to prevent the Canadian Government from putting my assets into General Revenue in the case of my death.  This is actually quite a rare thing for most people to have to do, since most people have family that's related close enough for the Estate to default to them.  I do not...

I could sell the car, the bike, the business, and the condo...  And go "homeless."  Which is what I'd have to do to disappear.

Now, even if I did all this...  And recreated what Dan Cooper did...  With my sketch plastered all over the news, eventually some people that knew me would put 2 & 2 together, and say, "Hey!  That looks like Steve!"

The guy was in his mid-40's.  There's no way he could've made it through life without associating with some people at least...

And yet, not one person knew who he was...  He could drop off the face of the Earth, and nobody noticed that "Uncle Dan" or "Nephew Dan" was never seen from again...

Like the three guys that escaped from Alcatraz. No bodies ever recovered. They vanished without a trace.

GORDY GAMBINO

They got away. Good for them.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"Like the three guys that escaped from Alcatraz. No bodies ever recovered. They vanished without a trace.

Different.

They knew who those three inmates were...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Like the three guys that escaped from Alcatraz. No bodies ever recovered. They vanished without a trace.

Different.

They knew who those three inmates were...

I mean the disappearing off the face of the earth part. If they made it to shore they had to have had help. If Cooper survived he had to have had help.

Angry White Male

I'm going to assume (and I believe it to be true), that all the Alcatraz inmate escapee's died.  I also believe Cooper died.

The difference is, and the REALLY puzzling thing is, is how Cooper could never be identified.

And that did really piss the FBI off...  They don't give a shit about inmates eaten by sharks!

Cooper pissed them off, since he did something that nobody else could manage in a skyjacking...  Nobody can figure out who he is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm going to assume (and I believe it to be true), that all the Alcatraz inmate escapee's died.  I also believe Cooper died.

The difference is, and the REALLY puzzling thing is, is how Cooper could never be identified.

And that did really piss the FBI off...  They don't give a shit about inmates eaten by sharks!

Cooper pissed them off, since he did something that nobody else could manage in a skyjacking...  Nobody can figure out who he is.

It can't happen again, so the feds don't give a shit who he is.

Angry White Male

They just finally closed the file, after 45 years...

And yes, they had an agent handling that file up until now.

So ya, the FBI did care, and had a paid employee to handle it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They just finally closed the file, after 45 years...

And yes, they had an agent handling that file up until now.

So ya, the FBI did care, and had a paid employee to handle it.

It's the federal snivel service. A make work project.