The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

There are days when i hate the insanity going on in the USA

Started by Obvious Li, October 09, 2012, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

an old chum of mine was to meet me in Las Vegas to help celebrate my B'day. she was flying out of Bellingham Wa. so she took the 176th.st truck crossing......she was flagged and pulled out of the line for further questions......4 hours laters she was informed of the following.....

she had an impaired driving charge in 1978.....of which she received a pardon in the 1990's

(in canada when you receive a pardon your lawyer tells you that if you are ever asked if you have a criminal record you are to say NO because of the pardon...the records are sealed)

my friend was told that if she had not revealed that she had a criminal record they would have arrested her and taken her to jail in Seattle for lying to a customs agent....they don't recognize canadian pardons>>.

end result.....she is banned from entering the USA until such time as she goes through a lengthy process of paperwork that, takes about a year to complete...she will have to do this annually for three years...then once three years later....then five years and then it's ok......each time it will cost about $1000 for lawyers, fees etc......

now this person has been crossing the border at least once weekly for more than 20 years......i think the USA is becoming totally fucked up...if it wasn't for the weather in florida i would never go back

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Romero

Happens all the time. Being pardoned by Canada means nothing to US customs. Countries don't take very kindly to criminals entering. Why would they?

Romero

Yeah, I'm totally serious. It happens all the time and it's been happening for decades. Countries don't take very kindly to any criminal record whether it be DUI, drug possession, theft, murder...

They don't care about some pardon from some foreign country, or how long it's been. They only see a criminal record. "You've been convicted of a crime and you didn't tell us? Fuck you."

Being a criminal has its consequences. Surprise, surprise. She's lucky she got away with it for so long.

Funny how you and Obvious think we should just allow foreign criminals into our countries. How liberal.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Happens all the time. Being pardoned by Canada means nothing to US customs. Countries don't take very kindly to criminals entering. Why would they?

we let you in ...so show a little kindness,ok......troll

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"Happens all the time. Being pardoned by Canada means nothing to US customs. Countries don't take very kindly to criminals entering. Why would they?

Are you f*cking serious?? A 34 year old impaired charge that she has been pardoned for in Canada? Almost did jail time in Seattle if she hadn't mentioned it. More than a decade of bureaucracy and lawyer's fees for someone who has been entering the USA weekly for 20 years? I agree with Mr Munday, if it wasn't for Florida weather(or my parent's house in Arizona) I wouldn't go there either.

i agree with Munday as well, not only because he is smart and handsome, but mainly because he is always right......and yes even though i lived in the USA for years and love so much about it....i would never go back if it wasn't for vacations.......since the formation of the department of Homeland Security and the enactment of the Patriot Act 1 and 2 the place has become a defacto police state......don't need the bullshit any more. People travel in complete fear, anger and frustration there...always under the thumb of some lowlife security person in a uniform, with a grade eight education, a bad attitude in general and a hate on for white people......

as far as a 34 year old impaired charge...how benign a charge is impaired driving anyway.....why the hell is that even a criminal event.....and to be still victimized decades later...jesus