Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Best Ever Valid Excuses

Started by cc, January 27, 2017, 07:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I'll start with what triggered me to start this thread

I had been asking an Engineer in Tuscon AZ via email to send me his electronic drawing so I could examine it before Monday's formal phone meeting

Did not here back all day

Just got this message "Okay. I took today off to go play in the snow, we get so little here. I'll call you Monday "
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

kiebers

Being in Houston...I can relate to that. ac_biggrin
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

@realAzhyaAryola

He meant he was going to go skiing, tubing, tobogganing, sledding or snowboarding.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

kiebers

We just get on the roads and play slip and slide...
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I worked with a woman who often took days off claiming she had doctor, chiropractor, and dentist appointments, but I knew she was looking for another job. One time she took a day off for another "doctor" appointment, but of course it was really a job interview. She left her phone at the interview office and the only number besides her cell number they had to contact her was her employer. The interviewer called and told our manager that she forgot her phone at her JOB interview.  :laugh:

cc

Quote from: "kiebers"We just get on the roads and play slip and slide...

I remember a rare 4 " snowfall when we lived in in Sarasota Florida  .... our kids, Canadians before, showed them the joys of snowball fights and how to roll  big balls of wet snow into snowmen .. and even a 48 hour lasting snow fort
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I have given CP some creative absentee reasons back in my drinking days. I remember once saying I got the 40 ounce flu, er I mean the stomach flu.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have given CP some creative absentee reasons back in my drinking days. I remember once saying I got the 40 ounce flu, er I mean the stomach flu.

Freudian slip eh Jock. In my line of work, you blow a shift, you are fired. Don't bother giving excuses because we know you are shitfaced.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la Rebelle"I'll start with what triggered me to start this thread

I had been asking an Engineer in Tuscon AZ via email to send me his electronic drawing so I could examine it before Monday's formal phone meeting

Did not here back all day

Just got this message "Okay. I took today off to go play in the snow, we get so little here. I'll call you Monday "

In Tuscon? I am going on a golf trip to the Florida panhandle the end of next month. I am counting on warmish dry weather.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have given CP some creative absentee reasons back in my drinking days. I remember once saying I got the 40 ounce flu, er I mean the stomach flu.

Freudian slip eh Jock. In my line of work, you blow a shift, you are fired. Don't bother giving excuses because we know you are shitfaced.

While I agree with the premise and fallout, that says something about your industry and reaction.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

While I agree with the premise and fallout, that says something about your industry and reaction.

It is what it is. There a lots of opportunities and of course the wages and benefits are good. But, it's not the industry for sissies who can't make it to work because they stubbed their toe while going to take a leak in the morning. You want a job like that, find out where rohomo works and submit a resume.

Twenty Dollars

It is what it is. There a lots of opportunities and of course the wages and benefits are good. But, it's not the industry for sissies who can't make it to work because they stubbed their toe while going to take a leak in the morning. You want a job like that, find out where rohomo works and submit a resume.

Is this why you decided to become a hobby farmer?

Anonymous

My husband has told me what an awful job working on a drilling rig is.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Maybe so, Fash, but some people choose to do that work because it pays the bills and they have chosen not to complain and just do their work. I suggest people find other jobs if they do not enjoy what they are doing. I am not in that situation, thankfully.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Maybe so, Fash, but some people choose to do that work because it pays the bills and they have chosen not to complain and just do their work. I suggest people find other jobs if they do not enjoy what they are doing. I am not in that situation, thankfully.

Neither is my husband and he's thankful for it.