The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Opt Out of the Organ Harvest

Started by RW, February 02, 2017, 11:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"The jury is still scientifically out.

Read the link and then read between the lines. The medical community still can't agree when life begins, and now, when life ends.

Your article doesn't state any of these things.

I read they did a study on a couple animals and not all cells die when the host loses brain, heart and lung function.  Some keep making proteins.  That's about all it says.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"

Read the link and then read between the lines. The medical community still can't agree when life begins, and now, when life ends.

I read they did a study on a couple animals and not all cells die when the host loses brain, heart and lung function.  Some keep making proteins.  That's about all it says.

You don't care to read between the lines then?

They still don't know the exact nature of human existence whether the moment of life or death begins or ends along any point on the near sliding scale.

Is a baby a person at 28 days? How about 56? What about just before birth?

Does a person cease to be 28 minutes or 28 hours after supposed death?

Do either feel pain or understand what's happening to them when their organs are being crushed, sucked out, or worse?

We're still flat earth on these questions. Nobody really knows. So why advocate for governmental sanctioned abortion or organ harvesting? Do you really trust those pricks over the various opinions of the bodies who must deal with either proposition?
Blahhhhhh...

Twenty Dollars

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"What about animal organs?

I've heard of organs being used for humans....not in Muslims, Jews or Seventh Day Adventists though.

:laugh:

RW

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

They still don't know the exact nature of human existence whether the moment of life or death begins or ends along any point on the near sliding scale.

Do either feel pain or understand what's happening to them when their organs are being crushed, sucked out, or worse?

We're still flat earth on these questions. Nobody really knows. So why advocate for governmental sanctioned abortion or organ harvesting? Do you really trust those pricks over the various opinions of the bodies who must deal with either proposition?

If your brain, the organ that interprets pain is not functioning, then how can you feel pain?  

I don't see us being flat earth on these questions at all.

I think death can continue on giving life.  There is a shortage of organ donors.  This solves that issue.

I do worry about the legality of it though and am pretty sure it wouldn't fly here.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

If your brain, the organ that interprets pain is not functioning, then how can you feel pain?  

I think death can continue on giving life.  There is a shortage of organ donors.  This solves that issue.

I do worry about the legality of it though and am pretty sure it wouldn't fly here.

That's the thing though. How do we know if the brain completely ceases and what level of pain is present if at all? Science on it is conflicting.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

That's the thing though. How do we know if the brain completely ceases and what level of pain is present if at all? Science on it is conflicting.

I haven't seen science conflicted about it at all.

Link?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

I haven't seen science conflicted about it at all.

Link?

I've got nothing immediately on hand but if you do a news search on researchers and death, I'm sure you'll find something worth a read.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

I don't want news.  I want science dear.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"I don't want news.  I want science dear.

Sounds like you want other people to do the chores, dear.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quit projecting Dinky dearest.  You're trying to make a point while providing no supporting information.  It's on you to back up your own claims.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quit projecting Dinky dearest.  You're trying to make a point while providing no supporting information.  It's on you to back up your own claims.

I've made a measured point that the jury is still out on when life begins and life ends. Newspapers and academic journals have been awash with different findings, some still preliminary, for numerous years.

Pointing out that there is still no consensus doesn't require me to do anything. If YOU are too obstinate or lazy to accept it or look into for yourself, that's entirely on you.

If this is your half arsed attempt at muppet baby debate club 101, good luck with somebody else.  ac_hithere
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I've made a measured point that the jury is still out on when life begins and life ends. Newspapers and academic journals have been awash with different findings, some still preliminary, for numerous years.

Pointing out that there is still no consensus doesn't require me to do anything. If YOU are too obstinate or lazy to accept it or look into for yourself, that's entirely on you.

If this is your half arsed attempt at muppet baby debate club 101, good luck with somebody else.  ac_hithere

When a person needs drugs and machines to keep their heart beating they are dead. The death certificate won't say that, but that's my opinion.