Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The neverending conversation thread

Started by shin, February 06, 2017, 06:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

This is a thread for random thoughts and conversations that don't necessarily fit in other threads.

shin

How cold would it have to get where you live before you think you've had enough and seriously consider moving to a warmer climate?

shin

kiebers

Quote from: "shin"How cold would it have to get where you live before you think you've had enough and seriously consider moving to a warmer climate?

I figure if it gets that cold here, it's a new ice age and moving will not help.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "shin"Who watched the SuperBowl last night?

Listened to it for the most part.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "shin"Who watched the SuperBowl last night?

I watched it at the Sports Bar around the corner. Awesome game.

Think Trump had outside help getting elected?

Wambo Rong

"How cold would it have to get where you live before you think you've had enough and seriously consider moving to a warmer climate?"

Never

"Who watched the SuperBowl last night?"

I did because of our president's obvious interest in how his financial bros would make out

RW

Quote from: "shin"How cold would it have to get where you live before you think you've had enough and seriously consider moving to a warmer climate?

Growing up, it would get down to -35C (-31F) and we didn't think much of it.  Now, we get down to only about -20C (-4F).  It's physically hard on my body but I don't hate the cold.  The snow on the other hand is such a pain in the ass.  We got 2ft over night with more on the way.  I hate driving in that crap.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

There are two people here who plan on leaving the cold of Canada for good..

I'm not one of them, I'm a lifer, even with Rachel Notley as our premier.

:laugh:

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"There are two people here who plan on leaving the cold of Canada for good..

Do you guys still get down to -40C?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wambo Rong

I'm a Haida Gwaii lifer, exactly here. I'll tell you why some time Fashionista but not now. If I told you why now it would send

some of your most respected members into coronary overload and we don't be wanting that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"There are two people here who plan on leaving the cold of Canada for good..

Calgary never really got that..

Edmonton and parts North yes and I think they did once or twice this year with windchill..

We have got so much snow this year, they don't know where to put it.

Wambo Rong

Armhole BC or up some other rig road to a rig 150 miles off the highway. Three in the morning waiting for the monkeys on the deck

to finish what they have to do. Cold is cold, cold with machines and steel is very different. Somewhere in the Montney probably in the Fontass.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/590/32594968162_da395368d4_c.jpg">

Anonymous

My husband is an electrician..

He is the shop manager for a specialized oilfield service company that does top drives..

He has ben all over the world on short and longer term jobs..

We lived in Kazakhstan for a year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

We have had a lot of -40 this year in the Peg. I am in Caribbean Mexico now though. :yahoo: