Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Who needs immigration?

Started by RW, February 27, 2017, 09:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm being dense here but I what do we need immigration for exactly?  Why do we need more people than we have now?

We need replacements for retiring workers even though technology has changed a lot of that. Most of all with people living much longer, a shrinking workforce is bad news.

Anonymous

Rapidly aging societies are  a big problem. Too many people receiving state benefits and not enough people paying. Shared family wealth will help East Asian countries cope with the demographic changes better than Western countries, but it will only buy them more time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Rapidly aging societies are  a big problem. Too many people receiving state benefits and not enough people paying. Shared family wealth will help East Asian countries cope with the demographic changes better than Western countries, but it will only buy them more time.

I think Japan and South Korea will reach a tipping point demographically where they will have no choice but to ramp us visas for foreign workers that will lead to permanent residency and citizenship. They will give priority to the easiest to assimilate first and that would be Chinese and South East Asians. Singapore and Taiwan will try to entice mainland Chinese with their stability.

Anonymous

I saw on CBC, that technology will soon be doing for white collar jobs what it did for blue collar jobs in the past. Some scary estimates of technology elimination between 1.5 million and 7 million jobs in the future.

Bringing in more immigrants and refugees is insane.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I saw on CBC, that technology will soon be doing for white collar jobs what it did for blue collar jobs in the past. Some scary estimates of technology elimination between 1.5 million and 7 million jobs in the future.

That is so scary for my children..

They will be in school for the rest of their lives.

Anonymous

I'm afraid they're not too far off what is happening and will accelerate in the future. It's going to be a tough go for people in the West who don't have a lot of specialized skills. What you will have is a few people with fabulous incomes and great perks who have the right skills, but a large chunk of the population will be unemployable. It's the beginning of the end for the Western middle class. Snivil serpent jobs will be like holding a winning lottery ticket.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I'm afraid they're not too far off what is happening and will accelerate in the future. It's going to be a tough go for people in the West who don't have a lot of specialized skills. What you will have is a few people with fabulous incomes and great perks who have the right skills, but a large chunk of the population will be unemployable. It's the beginning of the end for the Western middle class. Snivil serpent jobs will be like holding a winning lottery ticket.

So, as developing countries like Brazil, and parts of Asia are building a middle class, Canada will be dismantling ours.

:crazy:

Thiel

Quote from: "Shen Li"I'm afraid they're not too far off what is happening and will accelerate in the future. It's going to be a tough go for people in the West who don't have a lot of specialized skills. What you will have is a few people with fabulous incomes and great perks who have the right skills, but a large chunk of the population will be unemployable. It's the beginning of the end for the Western middle class. Snivil serpent jobs will be like holding a winning lottery ticket.

Young people today face an uncertain and constantly changing world. It's a bit frightening for old timers like me.

What Will Happen When AI Starts Replacing White-Collar Jobs?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton/2016/05/25/what-will-happen-when-ai-starts-replacing-white-collar-jobs/#70265fc61639">https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton ... 265fc61639">https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton/2016/05/25/what-will-happen-when-ai-starts-replacing-white-collar-jobs/#70265fc61639
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

Young people today face an uncertain and constantly changing world. It's a bit frightening for old timers like me.

What Will Happen When AI Starts Replacing White-Collar Jobs?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton/2016/05/25/what-will-happen-when-ai-starts-replacing-white-collar-jobs/#70265fc61639">https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton ... 265fc61639">https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton/2016/05/25/what-will-happen-when-ai-starts-replacing-white-collar-jobs/#70265fc61639

With a declining population Japan is embracing it. The impact on a nation like Canada that may welcome up to a half million people per year in the future will not be the same as in Japan.

Anonymous

Sanity prevailed this week, as Chief Justice Paul S. Crampton of the Federal Court overturned earlier decisions to release a violent refugee back onto our streets.

The Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) had, on at least seven previous occasions, ruled to release hardened criminal and Rwandan refugee Jacob Damiany Lunyamila, despite a long list of disturbing criminal convictions.

Lunyamila arrived in Canada — without documentation — in 1994, and was granted refugee status in 1996.

Since then, according to the federal court decision, he has had "approximately 389 police encounters" which "resulted in 95 criminal charges and 54 convictions."

"Ten of those convictions were for assaults that included punching his ex-girlfriend in the face and randomly attacking innocent civilians" the federal judge states in his decision, released Tuesday. "He has also been convicted for sexual assault and carrying a concealed weapon, namely, an axe."

Vancouver police described him as a chronic offender and persistent criminal.

Canada has been trying to deport this thug back to his native Rwanda, but Lunyamila refuses to leave.

He will not cooperate with Canada's removal system, and has vowed to never sign the required documents to complete his deportation order.

Instead, this foreign criminal, deemed inadmissible to Canada on grounds of criminality, continues to take advantage of our generosity and parade through our prison system.

His case demonstrates just how difficult it can be to remove a person once they're here.

While his case certainly isn't the norm among asylum seekers, it does underline the importance of screening would-be refugees before they are accepted and admitted into Canada.

The Trudeau government should take note.

A report released by the Department of Immigration, in response to an Access to Information request from Postmedia, shows the results of the interview process in admitting Syrian refugees.

While the Trudeau government was in a rush to resettle 25,000 Syrians in just a few short weeks in late 2015 — trying frantically to accomplish a campaign pledge — Canadian immigration officials in Beirut were encountering a number of red flags.

The report shows 4% of Syrian applicants were rejected by Canadian officials, including a Syrian government official who was complicit in human rights abuses, a person considered a threat to Canada's national security and three individuals involved in "subversion by force".

Canada's vetting system was successful in stopping a handful of criminals from becoming refugees, but the process is by no means perfect.

When sponsoring refugees from a war zone, in the case of Syria, a failed state with a sizable terrorist insurgency, we lack local knowledge and the ability to verify testimonies or cross-check with local security forces.

Canadian officials found reason to stop processing dozens of applications, but how many slipped through because the Trudeau government asked officials to rush applications and expedite the process?

Similarly, the Sun broke a story last month that 1.4 million visa applications to Canada were rejected by Canadian officials in 2016, including 310 individuals denied over national security concerns.

We know that terrorists and serious criminals have their eyes set on Canada.

While our officials take the job of securing screening and vetting incredibly seriously, they should never be rushed or pressured for political reasons.

As the case of Jacob Lunyamila reminds us, once a person is admitted into Canada, there's no turning back.

Or, as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would say, "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian".

Anonymous

True that. Once somebody is in Canada, they are here for good.

Anonymous

^Fuck our weak refugee system needs a total overhaul.

GORDY GAMBINO

Starting with you smarty pants fucken chink.

Now youse can't get depoted cos youse has 2 rug rats to half the fucken rat nigga hood and a few vagrant white cawks when she out dogging her yellow arse and the bitch she even want to slurp my noodle. Bang her and her ol momma.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Starting with you smarty pants fucken chink.

Now youse can't get depoted cos youse has 2 rug rats to half the fucken rat nigga hood and a few vagrant white cawks when she out dogging her yellow arse and the bitch she even want to slurp my noodle. Bang her and her ol momma.

It's not written in English and I'm happy for that.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I saw on CBC, that technology will soon be doing for white collar jobs what it did for blue collar jobs in the past. Some scary estimates of technology elimination between 1.5 million and 7 million jobs in the future.

Ive been saying for years Canada doesnt meed anymore immigrants but people screamed and yelled "Canada was built on immigration"...yeah thats a great excuse to bring in more when theres nowhere to live or decent paying jobs...isnt it great Canada panders to immigrants and refugees while ignoring their own citizens....prettysoon all the refugees and recent immigrants will be ignored while they keep taking on more refugees and immigrants...problem on top of problem and nothing getting resolved....Canada will be a shit hole one day with many many problems....if they cant figure out the housing problem, job and education situation now...our future doesnt look great at all....thx to the 3 stooges....have no clue what they are doing but they spend 8g on a vancouver logo....what a joke!